Smart Parking ANPR PCN - Havens Bank retail park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My disabled wife parked in a disabled bay displaying her blue badge

She received a PCN from Smart Parking

Place - Havens Bank retail park

Parked on 05/05/18 received the PCN (dated 04/06/18) today June 6th 2018

Photo entering site underneath typed time 11:25:19

Photo exiting site 13:52:06

PCN states smart pay manage but does not state anywhere who the owner is but they have the right to seek payment

It states my wife breached terms and conditions - which they have not supplied

It states by either not purchasing the appropriate parking time or by remaining at the car park longer than permitted , IAWT&C set out in the signage the parking charge is now payable to smart parking lots (the creditor)

Now I believe this is illegal and I am not going to respond nor identify my wife

On the back it states

Data protection

This is subject to the DPA - I thought it is now supposed to be GDPR as the law changed last month

They say they have applied to DVLA for the details of the registers keeper

Appeal managed by POPLA

Daft Parking R.pdf

Hi and welcome to CAG

First of all, the GDPR came into force on 25th May but this so called charge was incurred before that date and GDPR is not backdated.

Next of all, so long as your dates are correct then they are out of time as ANPR tickets must be in the keepers hands within 14 days. If it were a windscreen ticket, that would be different.

For now, I suggest ignoring as (not so ) Smart Parking have failed in their obligations under PoFA 2012

Edited by DragonFly1967
Removed reference to OP's doc (I've redacted it)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I forgot to add this.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket&p=4883055&viewfull=1#post4883055

Can you fill in the relevant details copied to this thread. After that, have a look at the other Haven's Bank threads. There are at least three that I know of

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Can I just check (so that we can make sure that we're absolutely clear on dates).

Is this vehicle registered to yourself or your wife (yes or no, don't need to know which) or, as you've mentioned a blue badge, is it a Motability vehicle?

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I've redacted your document for you so that others can see it :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

So it's a Motability vehicle, but in your wife's name?

What I'm trying to get at is... Is your wife the Recorded Keeper or is it Motability? As that *might* explain why the NtK was late getting to your wife.

On motability cars its a fixed term 3 yrs lease

Docs goto the reg kedper

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My wife is the recorded keeper on the log book

No problem then. Daft Parking are well out of time to create any keeper liability.

Ignore them, the 'threat-o-grams' from their pet DCA and/or tame solicitors. And anything else unless you receive a letter before action. :thumb:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks for all the posts - great reading

I will post the sticky later (in bed at the mo trying to sleep)

I drove to the car park 45 miles from home yesterday.

Some points I noted. The signage from the public highway is only on one facing - ie you can only see it if you enter from one direction not both.

The actual T&C’s are printed on signs that the top of the sign is at 8 foot. I’m not joking - I can walk under the signs stating the terms etc. Both signs I had to take a photo just to zoom in and read them.

C46A78C2-ED46-476D-A320-2767E636E5BB.jpg

7AB75F03-76E3-42A8-850C-CD353BFBA51C.jpg

3E6EB913-4038-4C86-ABC7-AB7BE3984689.jpg

C458EDDB-F69B-43CB-8F77-0C04A66128FC.jpg

Edited by Horus40k
Add photos

let them write their silly letters, they will probably pay a dca to write to your wife as well and the amount owed will rise to £160 for no explanable or lawful reason but that is what they do to catch the unaware. IF they get as far as threatening court via a lba then you havea perfectly good response and even a reason for a counterclaim.