You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• you'll only ever be poked to people like moneybarn etc that are all +40% via most online site.   have you had any running credit in the last few years? i've had none and that killed my score just as bad as a default would. they cant see you can have money management skills bar the default.     the other thing to remember is covid is killing credit approval too and ofcourse they can use the poor rating excuse.  
    • I've had a look at some of the other backdoor CCJ threads, but haven't found an example N244.   However, in a sense that's a good thing, write your own draft based on post 98.  It doesn't have to be in legalese,  just a quick summary of your position in normal English.   One of the Site Team could do it for you, but we're normally very reluctant to do so because it will be you (not us) in front of the judge (or given COVID, probably on the phone to the judge) so it's important that you understand and are confident with your arguments.   Wait for EB to comment on the draft tomorrow, on those other threads I see he goes on about a Supreme Court judgement re set asides and he's been in court himself in a similar situation several times.    I don't know about suing for the £255, maybe dx or EB will know more.    Whatever you do, there will be an element of risk due to mistakes (mistakes are no problem, been there done that, but learn for the next time).  It's not a good idea to throw away documentation when you're in a legal dispute with someone, and you should always tell them of a change of address.  Plus a case should have been built at the time against these charlatans, such as taking photos of their rubbish signs.   Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your personal circumstances are irrelevant to the court.  You've "defied" a court order - tough.  Of course we know you haven't really defied a court order as your N244 will show, and will be the start of the fightback.
    • Thanks for the comments FTM and Dx, I hope to pay the fee over the phone, then send the N244 tomorrow, Does it make any difference whether I email  the court or post it in triplicate? Email is obviously easier.   Is there an example N244 on here, that will give me an idea of what to say, in legalese?   Dx you said I should sue for return of the fee, do I do that in the N244, or after it is set aside?   Lastly, the N244 says you can continue on an extra sheet, are the courts sympathetic to genuine causes of distress, as I'm actually in dire straits, the CCJ is preventing me from opening a business account to start my company and no estate agents will rent me house, so out of work and soon to be evicted and a burden on the state. A satisfied  CCJ will not help at all. Can I include such things?       
    • @dx100uk Tfl said that there is the possibility they take off the right to my cousin to have a 11-15 oyster card again.  
    • @honeybee13  yes, is like you said. I have used it for 2 or 3 months, but I don't know exactly how many times.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
upton11

Paula

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4846 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Also when i click onto to threader names, on the left hand side - i am denied access.

Paula

I've got this problem too!! :(

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Thanks Kazzaw, it is reassuring to know it is not just me. i hate not having my ticks - it took me ages to find your thread, After all I had to know if you had heard anything!

regards

Paula

Thanks Guido - I had a quick look - Ouch!!!!

Paula - have you written to the court? I have just received my prelim hearing date for 25 may (also norwich) and am not sure what to do.

This thread might be useful - there's another 3 claimants with the same order word for word (I think - check just in case!) http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/37561-starting-three-claims-lloyds-2.html#post535276

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Check out my threads.

You dont really need to do anything just yet.

When did you return your AQ? I'm expecting to hear for my other claim shortly

Sent AQ on 11 Jan (had to be in by 21st). Their letter re prelim hearing dated 26 Jan (although it wasn't posted till 6 Feb!)

Smokeyspot Hi,

So sorry I have been away for so long. Have you written to NCC yet to try and move your directions hearing? I haven't got around to it yet.

If you haven't, let's thread together - if you know what I mean and cobble an application together

i have been carrying my letters around for weeks now and really must do something soon

Paula

Paula, like you I've done nothing so far. I am going to send the new order because that has definite time scales. I don't want to send it without reading everything about it and I just haven't had time in the last few weeks. I will try and get more info this week and let you know what I intend to do!

Fantastic news today - came home to a letter from SC&M saying that LLoyds will settle in full within the next 5 days!. I checked the interest - all well there. Amazing result as the Directions hearing was not listed until early May -

We are stunned and are having a very early Friday night.

Will read around as been away so long to see if this is the new thing

I am thrilled, and as ever a huge, huge thank you to all on the site. Looks like we got there

Regards and love to all

Paula

Great news Paula, well done!:D

Yes, it seems that LTSB are at last bowing to the inevitable. Quite a few claimants have now received full 'no strings' payouts, myself included.:)

Enjoy the moment (and the money!)

Els

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

Well done Paula!!!!!:D;) That's great news and very well deserved, congratulations!!

I view of recent events, I'd keep an eye on your account though if I were you! Here's what I'm talking about, if you haven't seen it already - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/76782-awful-news-lloyds-have.html

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Fantastic news!!!

Well done really chuffed for you. Hope the new job is going well and that the money pays for a nice holiday!!

Again, really well done!!!

Nice work, see here to close out:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/7261-when-you-get-your.html

and here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-487345.html

GaryH is such a harbinger of doom (post 63) ;).

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Hey you Guido,

Gary is not a harbinger of doom - i went to the link and was appalled - i am sure it was just an error though. I am off to find your thread and see where you are up to.

Isn't it amazing, you leave this site for a few weeks and when you get back there are hundreds of new people. The 'movement' is certainly gathering pace, even my cynical, lazy friends have started writing letters with a view to reclaiming their charges. They ignored me initially when i said to do it, as they all thought it would be too much effort - but to my mind it is the best paid job i have ever had - 2 letters, 2 forms, reading a website and bingo - a sum equivalent to 2 months wages!!

i might even do my own account. I don't think i have had many charges, but who knows there may be a few hundred there from the last 6 years - certainly worth a look

Paula

well done Paula. I haven't heard anything from the norwich court but my claim is with barclays so maybe I'll have to go ahead with the prelim hearing - hope not!

Paula I am very pleased for you and I am very envious also

My claim started before yours and the hearing date is in at the end of April and is therefore earlier than yours. Pffft. Goes to show, no rhyme or reason with this lot.

Hopefully my cheque is in the post. Very pleased for you though, must be fantastic for you and your family

Just out of interest did you do anything after hearing about your prelim prelim date?

well done Paula. I haven't heard anything from the norwich court but my claim is with barclays so maybe I'll have to go ahead with the prelim hearing - hope not!

My date with Lloyds is end of April, date with Barclays May time....

The prelim is literally 10 minutes, more of an inconv. if anything