Employer committed perjury at employment tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The tribunal was a few years ago and i didnt have the evidence then but i have it now.

The employer lied to the court about details which the tribunal took as true and used them to find my dismissal fair.

Without these false details the court would almost certainly have found in my favour.

It wasnt a case of they made a mistake with the details, the evidence i have shows they knew the correct details and told the court something else.

I didnt appeal because i didnt have the evidence then and you only get 42 days to file an appeal. Ive heard of perjury cases being brought up to 14 years after someone has lied in court ie jeffrey archer.

If a lie affects the outcome of a hearing then it shouldnt matter if its a criminal court or an employment court.

How do i go about getting my employer taken to court for committing perjury? Who do i report him to?

Edited by Mez_Nez

Perjury is a criminal offence, so the police, who will decide if there is sufficient evidence to press charges.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The tribunal was a few years ago and i didnt have the evidence then but i have it now.

The employer lied to the court about details which the tribunal took as true and used them to find my dismissal fair.

Without these false details the court would almost certainly have found in my favour.

It wasnt a case of they made a mistake with the details, the evidence i have shows they knew the correct details and told the court something else.

I didnt appeal because i didnt have the evidence then and you only get 42 days to file an appeal. Ive heard of perjury cases being brought up to 14 years after someone has lied in court ie jeffrey archer.

If a lie affects the outcome of a hearing then it shouldnt matter if its a criminal court or an employment court.

How do i go about getting my employer taken to court for committing perjury? Who do i report him to?

Yes you have 42 days to make an appeal, however, if there was fraud or concealment, then the time limit could be extended

See section 32 of the Limitation Act 1980

You have to first write to the Tribunal who made the decision for a Reconsideration

You have to have real evidence, not just assertions

When it has been found by the Tribunal that someone lied then you can make an application to bring a contempt of court proceeding

Strangely, judges rarely grant such applications

Finally, I don't think you would go far with a perjury case (it has too many hurdles)

I would advise you concentrate on winning your case based on the new evidence

In Ladd v Marshall 1954 the principles for bringing in an out of time appeal were set

Take a few moments to read it.

Good luck

Remember how Andy Coulson was cleared of perjury even though he was found to have lied

Perjury cases have a lot of hurdles

Try and go for the contempt of court proceedings as it is easier