mrk123

Penalty for untaxed vehicle - dvla

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 553 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, received a letter from DVLA - Or so I think..

It'd for an untaxed vehicle. My vehicle was definitely untaxed and was meaning to sort earlier, it was taxed before I got the letter too..

Asking for over £150 to be paid by full today (I was just about to call to sort but thought I would come on here first).

Do DVLA send letters out like this?

The fine seems a little too much?!

It can depend on what the DVLA are claiming - the Late Licensing Penalty, or an 'out of court settlement offer'.

It can depend on what the DVLA are claiming - the Late Licensing Penalty, or an 'out of court settlement offer'.

Hi it says Out of Court Settlement.

If I call them to try see if they can reduce it?? Will they?

You can try - if it progresses to court, the penalty for that offence is a level 3 fine (up to £1000, depending on income) plus court costs and any outstanding duty.