julie1977

Company Investigation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 560 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone of you amazing people would be able to help me understand what/if anything could potentially happen under the circumstances listed below.

A friend of mine has been a director of several companies for a long time.

It has been highlighted that hmrc and the pensions ombudsman have successfully won to wind up all of their companies due to as far as I know a serious fraud breach.

The high court approved this and the insolvency people have beeen appointed whilst waiting for a trustee to take over.

As far as I know the friend is claiming that the company is being investigated at present and not them however I m not sure if this is standard process or not?

The friend is married and their other half is worried sick about if they will lose everything.

Can anyone send any light on this type of thing please?

Tia.x

Thread moved to the appropriate forum......please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Not enough information. You need to shed more light on it.

But if the PO and hmrc have successfully won to wind up the company's due to fraud then id expect it to be serious.

I have to agree we need more information than has been given.

1. What sector were the companies dealing in?

2. When did they become aware of this investigation/High Court.

3. Was the High Court decision defended?

4. What was they High Court ruling on the Directors (if one)?

5. Can you post up a redacted copy of the High Court Ruling? (click on > on how to do this)

6. What exactly did they sign to be a Director of those companies? (i.e. do they have any guarantees etc.)

As the application from the Insolvency Service was successful with the High Court and they are appointing a Trustee any further dealings will we with that Trustee who will be looking into all assets of the company right down to the Directors (have they sign or given approval for Guarantees etc), this all depends also on the company type i.e. sole trader, limited company etc.

So as you can guess we really need more information

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group