Abbey National 'we are unable to find a record of your account'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mother had a mortgage with Abbey National September 1974 to June 1986.

She filled in Martin Lewis' proform and sent it in to Abbey National.

They have come back to her saying they have no record of her account so could she provide the sales receipt for the policy and policy document. She was given neither a sales receipt nor a policy document, so can provide neither.

I see mention on here of sending in an SAR, but surely this would come back with 'we are unable to find a record of your account' again, so I can't see this would be useful.

Where do we go from here?

What you have sent previously doesn't particularly impose any obligation on the bank. If you send an SAR especially under the new GDPR regime, that imposes a statutory obligation and it is far more likely to produce something interesting.

Follow the SAR link and use our template. Keep your request as wide as possible – don't set any limits. You could add to the SAR letter that you are fully aware that they store data in their archives electronically and then on microfiche until recently at their archive centre in Leighton Buzzard and that you are aware that they hold records back at least until 1933.

Tell them that if they fail to produce the data you require regardless of the form in which it is kept that you will be making an immediate complaint to the ICO.

Let us know how it went

By the way, can you remember who the conveyancing solicitor was? If you can then send them an SAR as well. They will definitely have some details

1986 was decades ago. Lots of reasons why people might no longer have original documents. Send an SAR as per BankFodder's advice danny. Best of luck :-)

They don't say they have them n.more.

Try say she has NEVER had any.

Big difference

Try this link for the FCA link: https://tinyurl.com/yb6qsj36

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

here to help pull our chain

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...