Closed Accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here's the situation....

I have recently had an Administration Order deemed settled in full by a Judge at GGCC (my local court). On that AO were 2 balances from HSBC, 1 an Acc., the other a CC. The AO was 4 years old in Oct this year (so basically 2 years left in the 6 year period for claims). Since the acc./cc were closed at the time of the AO being granted, and it has now been deemed settled, can I reclaim charges on the 2 years (98-00), or is this really, really pushing it. Are they likely to grant the charges and then credit them to any 'outstanding' balance. I've put outstanding in ' ' as there, in theory, shouldn't be an outstanding balance, as the Judge has deemed it settled. I don't want to waste fruitless time if it's going to be reapplied to old debts. Sorry if this seems to make no sense. I can claify if it's pointed out which bits are confusing!!

There is other stuff on the AO, couple of store cards, catologues etc, but to be honest it's a bit too much bother trying to remember them all (in my celebration of being released from the AO, and upon confirmation of the Judges recommendation of 'percentage paid = percentage payable' I sent the court stuff through the paper shredder, then discovered CAG!!) So I won't be trying to claim those, from what I remember there wasn't that much on them, it was my acc./cc that had pushed me into getting the AO in the first place.

Anyway, any advice on this would be most appreceiated (sp?).

Evans. xox

Generally claiming on closed and settled accounts is no problem.

I'm reclaiming on accounts which have been closed against short settlements but not on the orders of a court.

The basic premise is that before claiming you should do your research and satisfy yourself that you wont be opening a can of worms and that you feel the effort is Worth your while.

From what you say it sounds entirely likely that you wont have to pay back anything off the old balances although you should be prepared for the arguments from the bank, should they arise.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA