UK debt and living in EU, Cabot and Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I need some advice on a credit card debt and a loan debt.

I used to live in the UK but left in 2009.

I have a credit card debt of £3000 and a loan debt of £11k.

Both accounts are with Cabot Financial.

I used to pay very little (between £1 and £10) towards the credit card debt, on and off over the past 9 years.

I recently got a letter from Cabot saying that they instructed Moorcroft to arrange a visit at my home so that they can put me back in touch with Cabot.

I have my address in Poland but am not really there very often.

Regarding the bigger loan debt, I haven't been paying anything toward that account, I think, for at least 6 years and haven't communicated with Cabot about this debt.

The question is, can any of these debts be cancelled?

And what about Moorcroft in Poland?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

have you any assets in the UK?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nothing they can do then

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

totally ignore

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK thank you. Should I not send letter to get the debt cancelled under the Limitation Act 1980?

No. Limitation act only applies if you have not paid anything or acknowledged the debt in writing for a 6 year period.

If you were going to send a letter, write to them from Poland saying you are a resident of Poland and hold no UK or non UK assets. Stop any payments and ignore them if they write to you. Nothing is going to happen, but at least if you write, it might stop them gaining a UK court judgement which might affect you if you returned to live in the UK.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Once you inform them of your address in polland they have to use this for the service of documents. that effectively puts an end to any formal action in the UK as it will be too convoluted to be worth their time chasing you. That doesnt mean the debt has disappeared just difficult or impossible to enforce. the limitations act will come into play as the agreements will have been under English law so check your dates for last apyments on these.

Hi, for the smaller debt of £3000, I have been paying something within the last 6 years. But I haven't paid or been in touch with them for the larger debt. For this one I am pretty sure I can sent that letter. The fact that I left the UK in 2009 and nothing really has happened since then, I guess that confirms that they can't really do much.

Stuff em!!! stop paying all your uk debt bugger and all they or anyone can do to you!!!

and they