have tiscali have found a new way to make money?

sunshine94

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

evening all.

i'm v new to this site(please bear with me!) but i just wanted to let you know about something odd going on re tiscali.

my DP was invited by tiscali to use the "member reward scheme" (getting items at "special prices" for loyal customers)anyway....

a couple of days ago he was invited to choose a "gift" He chose a laptop computer lock to secure his laptop to his desk in work.this came at a gift price of £2.99. it arrived this morning. it was sent in normal A4 env but the actual lock was in one of those clear rigid plastic packages that are molded to the item and with a sheet of card with all the details slipped behind the product IYKWIM (the ones that you have to cut open to get the thing out)

well... when we opened the env. the top inch of the packageing had been cut off, a bit odd, but the item was still there. i turned it over and read the back to find out what company made it only to read in v small print "poundland ltd willenham wv13 2qt":o have they just sold us a £1 product for £2.99? I think they have:mad: that is obviously why the top of the package was removed so that the logo is missing.

has anyone else been stung by this? sorry if this has been mentioned before. i've had a quick look on the threads but can't see anything else relating to this.

what should we do now? i'm totally shocked. (especially concidering that im quite sure they haven't sent someone down to the local £land to buy it for us:grin: and therefore probably bought a job lot at, i imagine, alot less that £1 each)

i know it is only a couple of ££ but if i wanted a £land product i would buy one in my local shop

thanks in advance for any advice

sunshine94

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 9/11/06

statements recieved 5/12/06

prelim letter sent 5/12/06

offer of £757 19/1/07 (not good enough i want £1414!)

"ta but no ta" and LBA letter sent on (19/1/07)

capital1 S.A.R sent 20/1/07

B/F S.A.R. sent 20/1/07

MIL S.A.R. sent 20/1.07

Check this out: Consumer Direct: Factsheet - Shopping from home - Your rights

Your rights when shopping from home

When shopping from home, you additionally have the right to:

Clear information about the goods or services before placing an order

Written information about a purchase.

**** A 'cooling off' period of seven working days, during which an order can be cancelled without any reason and a full refund made. ****

A full refund if goods or services are not provided by an agreed date, or within 30 days of placing an order if no date was agreed.

Protection against credit card fraud.

thanks for that james141. I will do that!

my problem is that i just can't believe that they are selling a £1(retail price)product for £2.99 and then sending it 2nd class with the product packageing having been tampered with and telling us it is as a reward for being loyal customers!

B/F S.A.R. sent 20/1/07

MIL S.A.R. sent 20/1.07

i didn't see the choices cos DP pays the bill and he gets the emails but the photocopied sheet that came with the lock offers among other things...a 30gb apple ipod video (black)for £190 (at least they can't buy them in £land!) a 26 piece tool kit for £5 and a portable DVDplayer (no brand mentioned) for£80.

B/F S.A.R. sent 20/1/07

MIL S.A.R. sent 20/1.07

Doesn`t actualy show them in a professional light either... sending you a product in packaging that has been cut to remove a logo.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

I got a 10 in 1 remote control from one of these offers. If I understand right the goods are free and the £2.99 is for P & P. (May be wrong of course).

Mine to was missing the top of the molded pack, also it didn't work. I was told to return it in the envelope it came in marking the envelope "return to sender". This I did and received a replacement which was also crap. Just binned as the time costs more than £2.99.

I must say that Tiscali have sent an email and letter promoting their broadband inclusive of line rental commencing 2007.

£19.99 gives up to 8meg BB, free Local & National calls and Line Rental. (Seeing is Believing) I'll believe it when I see It.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS