style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had the same today and Im dealing with Marston holdings...theyve told me tough pay it all or we are seling your goods.

I rang them to advise on ESA and asked for an attachment and they refused.

I missed the previous letter they sent to sort it as I am partially sighted and cant read small writing this is for non payment of a tv licence fine which was 120 but its now 430 ... they are refusing to help me.

I've been told by a very good source today that if they refuse to help you can ask for a Voluntary surrender which means they have to take it back and do a means test..this will be done by appointment ..

then you can set up new payment plans WITHOUT the baliff charges.

If they refuse this THEY CANNOT it is your legal right.

You can then email their CEO and advise you are being refused a Voluntary surrender which she will quickly rectify.

You need to contact your local magistrates court and advise you have a removal notice for non payment of tv licence fine and ask for the surrender and they will give you the number to ring.

Own thread created

No such thing as voluntary surrender on bailiff fees

Thats for vehicle finance and is a rip off anyway,

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have had the same today and Im dealing with Marston holdings...theyve told me tough pay it all or we are seling your goods.

I rang them to advise on ESA and asked for an attachment and they refused.

I missed the previous letter they sent to sort it as I am partially sighted and cant read small writing this is for non payment of a tv licence fine which was 120 but its now 430 ... they are refusing to help me.

As DX has advised, the information that you have received is incorrect.

You have mentioned that you have approached Marston's to ask that they set up an attachment. Unfortunately, only the Magistrate's can set up such an arrangement and this may only be arranged before a warrant of control is issued and the debt passed to an enforcement company.

Before getting to the very late stage of an enforcement agent visit (which is the stage that this debt appears to now be at), you should have received 2 letters from the court. The first will be a Notice of Fine & Collection Order. At this stage a proposal could have been made to repay the debt by way of an attachment against benefits or alternatively a repayment of £5 per week (this is the minimum).

A further letter would have been sent called a Further Steps Notice to advise of a warrant being issued. The letter from Marston's would have arrived around 3 weeks after the Further Steps Notice.

Did you receive these notices from the court? If so, did you contact the court?

Own thread created

No such thing as voluntary surrender on bailiff fees

Thats for vehicle finance and is a rip off anyway,

incorrect..the people I got this informaition from deal with these every week...online the google options on explaining this refer to hire purchase and car finance but it also deals with other things ... A 'Voluntary Surrender' is you for all intents and purposes giving yourself up to the court to explain why you have not paid your fine. This process will force a 'means test' which will then examine your income & expenditure. A voluntary surrender is done by appointment. It sounds rather scary but I can assure you it is not. Just apologise, and stick to the further payment plan you are entered into.

After a Voluntary Surrender your fine would be back in the hands of hmcts MINUS any bailiff fees.

Thats the court not bailiff doesnt really remove any fees if the 2 letters were already sent

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

incorrect..the people I got this informaition from deal with these every week...online the google options on explaining this refer to hire purchase and car finance but it also deals with other things ... A 'Voluntary Surrender' is you for all intents and purposes giving yourself up to the court to explain why you have not paid your fine. This process will force a 'means test' which will then examine your income & expenditure. A voluntary surrender is done by appointment. It sounds rather scary but I can assure you it is not. Just apologise, and stick to the further payment plan you are entered into.

After a Voluntary Surrender your fine would be back in the hands of hmcts MINUS any bailiff fees.

Utter twaddle.

Please put the links up to what FMOTL buffoon site are spouting this magical unicorn information.

Voluntary surrender is for civil debts not magistrates fines