BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 574 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I have a friend who is on a debt plan with a Halifax credit card, she heard about the PPI deadline and wondered if the fact that she is on a debt plan ( with Step Change ) would exclude her from making an inquiry with Halifax and possibly claiming back PPI.

No it wouldn't prevent her at all. If that were would be interesting would be if she could show that the PPI premiums and interest that she may have paid on those premiums have helped to plunge her into debt.

You should bring her along and get her to register and start posting on her own

Make sure all who she pays have enforceable cca's!!

Esp if shes blindly paying dca's

You're right about the PPI premiums and interest, they probably did get her deeper in the mire. Also making minimum payments was the final nail.

Step Change really helped her a lot with corresponding with " Cabot ", they got them to agree to £1 per month....Over £4000 paid back at £1 per month is how many lifetimes ?. Isn't it ludicrous. It's just another sum for them to add to their false portfolio of debt worth.

How should she go about making a claim.

Fca ppi link on their site

Many thanks, I'll see if I can get the ball rolling for her. She has a stress related illness which is why I'm trying to help out.

I just got off the phone yo the FCA and they suggested sending off a SAR to make sure that there was PPI on the account. Also it seems that our SAR template letter needs editing, there is now no £10 charge and the company/creditor has only thirty days to respond.

She has given me some other paperwork that she has found, one relates to a payment plan. I drafted a letter to send to Capital One next week but then discovered that the debt had been purchased by a company called Lowell financial ltd. Should I now send a SAR to Lowell as the holders of the debt or Capital One as the company that originally sold her the PPI ?.

So then I should send off the original SAR letter to Capital One. The thing I wasn't sure about was as Lowell has purchased the debt would they then assume all other aspects of the original sale.

you should know these very basic things already you've done enough ppi reclaiming and been here 10yrs...….

You are right dx100uk I have been a member for around ten years but apart from couple of consumer ( retail ) queries all my other stuff was bank charges.

It's only now after my brother has passed away and I've been going through reams of old and recent papers that I decided to finally sort out this PPI..

.Either get something back or if not shred the lot.

If I get something back for myself and my friend fine, if not I'll be happy to recycle it.

no never shredd scan.

Capital sent back all the info re' my friends old CC debt.

using the charges record I worked out the PPI and sent off a claim for that amount.

I received a reply saying that I would need to send a completed PPI mis-sale complaint form ( one of theirs ) or find a copy on the FOS website.

Which form do you recommend I use.

always the FOS one

see the FCA PPI website

Thanks I'll do that.

Sorry just a thought, I haven't looked at the FOS form yet, will I be able to enclose the claimed amount.

you attach your spready to it

Thanks, will get it done today.