should i continue to pay or not

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Have been paying a small amount to Citroen for a debt from 2007 that now does not appear on my credit file current balance is £2500.

Citroen have now sent me a letter saying they have sold the debt to a debt collection company and have closed the account. Interestingly they say i should continue to make payments and should hear from the new debt management company reference payment to them instead. (still waiting after 5 days for letter from debt company)

I have still got this debt listed against an address i moved out of 2 years ago and have not been on the electoral role at a rental for the past 2 years. I have now moved in with girlfriend and will eventually end up on the council tax here but address is over 50 miles away.

Due to these changes i'm not sure if i should just stop paying Citroen and wait to see if the debt company finds me; any advise would be helpful thanks.

you should never move and not update ALL your creditors including your credit file..

you run the serious risk of a backdoor CCJ you'll know nothing about till you get a court bailiff at your door.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can you tell us more about this debt please. Did you actually borrow the money from Citroen? Have you asked for a CCA – if not then you should do so.