• Tweets

• Hey! Sorry for not writing, I have been extremely busy in the past few weeks. I do have a question though and I wanted to see your opinion. I understand that the next step will be probably to take legal action against Amazon. But there is one thing that I haven't tried yet. What do you think about filing an official complaint through a third party, like https://www.econsumer.gov/#crnt or with the relevant (private sector?) ombudsman (I am not sure where I could do that)? And if I am not happy with the ombudsman's decision, I could still take court action. 
    • what about the unnecessary building insurance?   but to be honest you are not going to ever seriously dent a £148k sum  
    • No just the year stated from 2019
    • Or even the off-premises definition c will apply here too. a contract concluded on the business premises of the trader or through any means of distance communication immediately after the consumer was personally and individually addressed in a place which is not the business premises of the trader in the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer;   I am not sure what would be classed as 'immediately'   Great to have this discussion by the way which I hadn't contemplated.
    • No negotiations or discussions took place at the agent's premises - the only face-to-face contact was at my home when the agent came for initial introduction and appraisal of the property. Good question regards to the difference between the two. I guess the distance contract applies to sole online purchases whereas bullet (b) of off-premises contract applies to me as the agent's represented visited my home and the offer was made then for the services.   “distance contract” means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;     “off-premises contract” means a contract between a trader and a consumer which is any of these— (a) a contract concluded in the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, in a place which is not the business premises of the trader; (b) a contract for which an offer was made by the consumer in the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, in a place which is not the business premises of the trader; (c) a contract concluded on the business premises of the trader or through any means of distance communication immediately after the consumer was personally and individually addressed in a place which is not the business premises of the trader in the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer; (d) a contract concluded during an excursion organised by the trader with the aim or effect of promoting and selling goods or services to the consumer;
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 923 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

Have been paying a small amount to Citroen for a debt from 2007 that now does not appear on my credit file current balance is £2500.

Citroen have now sent me a letter saying they have sold the debt to a debt collection company and have closed the account. Interestingly they say i should continue to make payments and should hear from the new debt management company reference payment to them instead. (still waiting after 5 days for letter from debt company)

I have still got this debt listed against an address i moved out of 2 years ago and have not been on the electoral role at a rental for the past 2 years. I have now moved in with girlfriend and will eventually end up on the council tax here but address is over 50 miles away.

Due to these changes i'm not sure if i should just stop paying Citroen and wait to see if the debt company finds me; any advise would be helpful thanks.

you should never move and not update ALL your creditors including your credit file..

you run the serious risk of a backdoor CCJ you'll know nothing about till you get a court bailiff at your door.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can you tell us more about this debt please. Did you actually borrow the money from Citroen? Have you asked for a CCA – if not then you should do so.