PIP claimant moves to Spain

THNX4THT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has moved to Spain in March 2018. She has notified PIP of her new address, will this affect her entitlement at present as we are still in the EU until next March, as I understand it when the beginings of leaving the EU begins?

Well that's what I thought but as we're not out of the EU yet and it says if you move residents to Spain e.g., then you can still claim your DLA or PIP as we're in the EU still, well atm . She's concerned she may have to pay it back, but then I guess they wouldn't be paying it in if they know. But she had difficulty in letting them know as she doesn't speak Spanish, nor knows anyone that does...so sending something recorded delivery was a tad hard to achieve as even the staff in post offices in Gibraltar only speak Spanish and that's what PIP demanded. They eventually accepted an email sent to my email address and I sent it from the UK on her behalf but from the UK. BUT....Thank you for your answer, I wasn't quite expecting that reply, but you made me feel very intelligent via my daughters situation. So really its nothing to do with me, I just take the glory cos I posted the question :o) thanks x

For anyone else reading this....I have just rung PIP, they have confirmed that their website is updated regularly. UK begins to leave UK on 29th March 2019, and the website states the following : "There will be no change to the rights and status of UK nationals living in the EU while the UK remains in the EU".

Now why couldn't they have chosen a date to co-inside with 5th April, the ending of the UK tax year. I don't know if that would make any difference, but just in case it would :o)

OH DEAR, UK begins to leave the UK on 29th March.....idiot that I am, I'm sure you all know I meant the EU, but I don't know how to edit that post. So UK is leaving EU on 29th March 2019.

I spoke to PIP and they didn't mention anything about not being able to get the mobility component. I guess as we're still in the EU, it appears we get both. If this changes in anyway, I'll re-post, but I guess I'll have to wait to see what payment is deposited into her account, but I will let you know if there are any changes in the amount :o)

Hi, thanks for the info, I was just going by what PIP told me. But I'll let my daughter know :o) But come to think of it, she doesn't get the mobility bit anyway, so in this case ( not that you knew that ), it won't make a difference to her :o)