HX ANPR PCN - ticket purchased outside of 10mins grace period - The Kursaal, Southend On Sea, SS1 2WW

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a 'car parking ticket or 'invoice' in the post for the following contravention as stated

'Failed to purchase and display a ticket within 10 minute grace period allowed.....'.

Please note the driver paid £7 and did display a ticket to park for 5 hours.

It was the bank holiday weekend at Southend on Sea as reported on the news nationally thousands of people visited.

The car park itself is tight so you have to wait for someone to really manoeuvre out before you can park in a designated space.

The car park pay machine is Cash only so you cannot pay by card or Pay on an app or online.

The nearest shop was around the corner.

My question is

1. Has anyone else ever received such a strange reason for getting ticketed?

2. What next as I believe it has been unfairly issued?

Any help much appreciated.

I was also considering posting on other social media as I'm sure many people have been hit with this notice.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hello and welcome to CAG.

The forum guys should be along later with advice for you, in the meantime please tell us the information requested in the forum sticky. It will help us to advise you.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

Best, HB

Edited by honeybee13
Repetition

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks Honeybee

For PNC's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]*

please answer the following questions.*

1 Date of the infringement6/5/2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 15/5/2018

3 Date received*18/5/2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?]*No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?*Yes.

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] Not yet!

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up*

7 Who is the parking company?*HX Car park management ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]*The Kursaal, Southend On Sea, SS1 2WW

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.Independent Appeals Service is on there if the appeal is not successful with them 'HX Car Park Management Ltd, Suite 205, 6 Queen Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2SQ

Edited by dx100uk
format

Hi and welcome to CAG

At this point, appealing is pointless as this company are members of the IPC and that means that no matter what you say in any appeal, they will reject you. Even if you took it to the 'Independent Appeal Service' (IAS) they are on the company's side and not yours.

What you are likely to get are quite a few begging letters. These you can ignore but what you don't ignore is a letter stating 'Letter Before Action' or if court papers hit the mat.

I do recall a court case from a few years back where a driver spent over 30 minutes driving around a car park waiting for somewhere to park. This went to court and it was won by the keeper. The company wasn't best pleased. If a car park is full and you are waiting to park, what else are you expected to do?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

the grace period is a MINIMUM, nox a max si circumstances dictate that as you werent parked during that time there is no breach of the contractual conditions offered anyway. However, parking co's dont make money by being fair or reasonable so you wont get anywhere with an appeal.

Are you local to there? If so then get some pictures of the car aprk and its signage for future reference and consider how you wnat to take this on.

Post up the NTK you got first, if it is the usual IPC pants then it wont be legally binging anyway and then you can possibly get the local papers involved. they tend to get the wordinga dn the law bits wromng but ahve the effect of showing the parking co's to be uncaring moneygrabbers who breach their own trade association codes and that may well get you a grudging withdrawl of the claim. You wont be the only person in thsi posititon and you can bet that mos others will pay up so they will be quids in anyway.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras