UKCPM/gladstones Windscreen PCN Claimform - Vista Centre, Salisbury Rd, Hounslow TW4 6JQ ** Claim Dismissed**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All - WS posted last week (as well as email to the court).

Let's see what happens - the court date was supposed to be Wed 6th May, but have not heard anything.

Also, I posted letters to all companies on my credit file for the last 7 years to inform them of my change of address (as this was discussed previously). Driving license and V5C already updated.

Best you err on the side of caution and presume the court case will go ahead.

Maybe ring the court tomorrow to ask if there have been any changes due to the emergency.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Will do @FTMDave, but presence at the court has been suspended for the public and staff. There is no-one to contact.

ive submitted the ws via email and post and have received confirmation of receipt (automated email response).

Not sure what else I can do.

This excellent thread that Andyorch posted suggests the court will contact you - as indeed does the notice you've put up

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

That is the new normal, it will be a conference call. The minus side is that you may well not get the decision immediately but only after it is written up but I suspect that may be based upon the complexity of the points raised and whether any lies have been told that need checking.....

• 2 months later...

Ok new position is that many cases are herad with one side actually attending and the other by video link or skype. you want to be the one turning up so if you dotn ahve skype or the like let the court know soon so they pencil you in for a real chair.

• 3 weeks later...

My hearing is wednesday next week (2nd September).

I'll go over the UKPCM's points and my defense to make sure i'm clear.

Any other preparation that I should probably go through?

Many thanks

Ok...i think i'm there.

I've read other peoples' successes and what happened on their hearing date.

I've printed out a copy of the IPC and BPA code of practices (organised in a separate folder, highlighted and with referral tags for easy location of text).

I've also prepared a summary of costs including (i'll take this with me):

• Litigation in person costs (8hours)
  • Printing costs
  • Travel costs

This totals £170.45

Hopefully i have everything covered?

I'll practice what i'll explain to the judge as my summary of events.

are you paye employed?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you can still get £90

you shouldn't have to use your holiday for a court appearance esp as you are the defendant

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

i see, thanks

I can actually claim up to £95 for loss of earnings!

in reference to:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part27#27.14.

and

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part27/pd_part27#7.1

Costs

7.3 The amounts which a party may be ordered to pay under rule 27.14(3)(c) (loss of earnings) and (d) (experts’ fees) are:

(1) for the loss of earnings or loss of leave of each party or witness due to attending a hearing or staying away from home for the purpose of attending a hearing, a sum not exceeding £95 per day for each person, and

is this excessive?

Schedule of Costs

Litigation in Person @ £19 per hour (over 8 hours)            £152.00

Loss of earnings @ £95 per day                                               £95.00
In reference to:
The Civil Procedure (Amendment No.5) (Coronavirus) Rules 2020

Travel Costs @ £0.40 per mile (@3-mile return trip)        £1.20

Printing Costs @ £0.25 per page

Witness statement (9-pages, 3 copies)        £6.75
IPC Code of practice (18-pages)            £4.50
BPA Code of Practice (21-pages)            £5.25

Land Registry Check (3-pages)            £0.75

Total                                    £265.45

Loss of earnings is not in reference to The Civil Procedure (Amendment No.5) (Coronavirus) Rules 2020 ...its pursuant to CPR 27.14  (2 d/e)

Should you be successful in your defence/costs the court will require conformation from your employer that you have lost pay because of attendance.

(d) expenses which a party or witness has reasonably incurred in travelling to and from a hearing or in staying away from home for the purposes of attending a hearing;

(e) a sum not exceeding the amount specified in Practice Direction 27 for any loss of earnings or loss of leave by a party or witness due to attending a hearing or to staying away from home for the purposes of attending a hearing;

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part27#27.14

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Claim Dismissed

but, the courts messed up the court time.

However, UKCPM notified the court that they weren't going to turn up.

The judge was not the original person assigned, so he only had a small amount of time to review the case.

I sat with him and briefly explained my summary of events.

We sat in silence and after a while he said he was going to dismiss the case considering the distance required to get back to the car (i suppose this would relate to a sufficient grace period).

I'm a little upset that he didn't seem to consider the other points (such as no locus standi, improper conduct) and he wouldn't allow my summary of costs to be reimbursed as "this is a small claims court" he mentioned. 

I'm a bit underwhelmed, but I suppose I won.

Thank you to you all.

Yes you won, he must have wanted to dismiss in easiest possible way so used that rather than a lengthy dismissal of all their tripe.  I will  rename the thread to indicate the outcome.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

a win is a win

well done.

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPM/gladstones Windscreen PCN Claimform - Vista Centre, Salisbury Rd, Hounslow TW4 6JQ ** Claim Dismissed**

Congratulations. i know you are not happy about not getting any recompense from the Judge but look at it this way. You avoided paying the crooks who lost money by their own greed. Their PCNs, and correspondence with you plus paying debt collectors and solicitors for the letters sent added to that are the Court fees which would have totalled hundred of pounds.  It still is hard to feel sorry for them though.

Perhaps the reason they call themselves smart is obviously not in reference  to their brain power but that it smarts when they take all these constant financial hits.