Work Car Park Place

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have worked with my current employer for over 22 years and during this time have been allowed to use the car park.

However, we are getting busy and they want to take the place away from me and reallocate it to someone else.

They are trying to provide work spaces based on how many employees are in each department irrespective if the person has been there over 20 years or recently joined.

I would appreciate any guidance from the wiser members of this forum.

Thanks in advance

none sadly, its their carpark and their company they can do what they like, years of employment hold no better rights

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You could try appealing to the management or the person allocating the spaces. Perhaps on the ground of longevity or perhaps the difficulty in finding suitable parking nearby. Where would you have to park if that car park is no longer available? If all to no avail, I guess others will be affected too so could you look at car sharing?

I thought as much...

Alternatively I'd have to use London Underground to get to work which like 1 1/2 hours door to door.

Thanks for you responses. Much appreciate it

I assume that travelling for that length of time you cannot always be in parking meter areas so you could drive part way to work then park up near the station and cut down on your travel time. Of course getting a monthly travel pass might save you money on petrol and wear and tear on your car not to mention improved depreciation costs because of the lower mileage used. Not to mention increased fitness by the walk to and from the station.

They get taxed if they have more than a certain number of parking spaces so they need to show they are providing for the disabled etc. They could easily say no one gets to park there at all.

Your union will be the best peopel to take this one on. There may be terms in your original contract that will dely their decision making so get researching

I hate saying this, but this is one of the rare occasions that you need to find a nice manager and ask very nicely to be given a car park pass; tears and good acting work wonders on these occasions.

They can only say no, so nothing to lose.

Good luck.