CP+ ANPR PCN - Roadchef carpark Rownhams services Southampton 2/2/18 - Now DR+ DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Of course they will claim they dont file your letters, that would mean they couldnt tell bare faced lies to a judge later.

there is a case from the diastant past where a parking co decided to sue someone who gave an address abroad and so of course there was no loacl court for the defendant and the case was heard at the court the parking co chose. The chap turned up, beat the aprking co and asked for £4 grand for his air fare from Chile.

The judge awarded the costs and the parking co appealed saying that the chap could have mitigated the costs by visiting relatives etc. the appeal judge told them that even if he had gone on to visit relatives the purpose of coming back was to see them off in court and thus they bear the cost. the judge also commenetd on the wisdom of their actions in the first place.

So in your case try and arrange your activities around wherever the court is that would hear this claim if they think they like the idea of trying to price you out of defending.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

i wish I could help, it was pre POFA so goes back to around 2010-11 as far as i can remember. There was another similar one at about the same time where travel costs of around £1200 were awarded and I think that the person involved was abroad in the military at the time.