BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 621 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please forgive me if in the wrong place

We sold our house and just recieved the invoice from the estate agent

We signed the contract agreeing to 1% + Vat of sale value. They didn’t give us a copy of the contract but we pushed and pushed and eventually got a letter saying the fee ( undated)

They have since sent an invoice to solicitor stating 1.25 which equates to an extra 2k when vat is taken into account

Do I have any argument or do I just suck it up

Of course ther is room for argument but if their standard fees are 1.25% the it will be difficult to prove you agreed to 1% if only a verbal change from their standard rate.

As you have a letter then that will do you nicely, dated or not.

Armed with your paperwork you should invite them to reconsider ( instructing your soliciotr to either pay the 1% or hold payment until otherwise instructed) and if they dont then you tell them you wnat this to go to NAEA or whichever trade association they belong to for arbitration and if you are right you expect them to pay your additional solicitors charges and your incidental expenses (you shouldnt have any but that is by the by, the thought of paying out more than they can gain may make them see sense).

Be polite but firm at first by saying it was agreed at !% and see where they want to go

Thank you I have sent them a copy of the letter via email and copied in Solicitors