Athena ANPR PCN - Woolwich 1MacBean Street, Woolwich, London, SE18 6LW *** CANCELLED ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I received a PCN through the post yesterday 13/05/18 to a civil parking charge notice from Athena ANPR as I overstayed at a LIDL car park.

The car park was free for 90 minutes. I overstayed by 50 minutes

Entered park: 08//1 at 09.24

Exited park: 08/5/18 at 11:44

I received the PCN yesterday (13/5/18)

I have now been charged £90 and told that I will only pay £45 I'd I pay within the next 14 days by this date (24/5/18). I have been sent a letter with photos of my vehicle to prove.

I did shop at LIDL on the day, and have the till receipt with me.

I'm not usually late but the day in question I overstayed with 50 minutes over of the allowed 90 minutes doing other errands.

Any help and advice are greatly appreciated as to what I can do.

Thank you,

Lloyd

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Could you copy and paste the questions from the forum sticky and your answers onto this thread please? That way we have the information needed to advise you.

We need to know which Lidl as well.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

need to know whaere the store is EXACTLY and do they have a load of signs advertising their contract to park that are visible from the public haighway. We can look at this on Google noseyneighbour once you tell us where this was

• Confused 1

Hi, Honeybee13

Thank you for your response, herewith is the further information you requested regards the PCN. I have also scanned and uploaded the NTK to clarify the question regards schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act which I don't seem to locate. Hope the information I furnished is good enough.

Regards

Ldee247

PCN LIDL22.pdf

PCN LIDL1.pdf

1parking draft.pdf

Hi Ericsbrother,

Yes sure the store is located in Woolwich 1MacBean Street, Woolwich, London, SE18 6LW, regards the signs I'm not aware its something I can cross-check take relevant pictures and upload here, or maybe you can check by other means as you mentioned above.

sign at entrance says Lidl- FIT SPACE car park so if you are a fit space visitor do you have to go into Lidl's and beg to be allowed to park? I doubt it at all.

So what does this mean to you? No offer of a contract to park so no breach of contract can occur.

Get onto Lidl to get tem to cancel this, use a letter, NOT email or they will just forward your email addy to Athena who will just tell lies to Lidl and chase you anyway. Always state that you are the keeper and use the third person where possible so say "the driver states" rather than I did this ior that

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Hi,

I went into LIDL today and had a word with shop manager regards the PCN, apparently, he told me there's not much he could do and the best advice to ring ANTHEA and explain and ask them to cancel the ticket since I'm a genuine LIDL customer. He told me if they refuse my best bet will have to ring LIDL customer services and ask them to get the ticket canceled by Anthea since I have till receipt.

I have a feeling Anthea might turn down or reject my request on this scenario. Upon searching info online I have come across 2 people who claim to say they have successfully had their tickets canceled, one by Anthea and the other by LIDL Managing director.

Herewith are their success tips below:

Update on this case:

CUSTOMER 1

Before appealing to Athena last Saturday, I sent the following email Ronny Gottschlich:

Mr. Gottschlich,

Whilst shopping in your Greenford store on Saturday afternoon of 23rd January 2016, due to long queues, it took me 13 minutes extra to get out of your car park.

As a result of this, the company you've instructed to look after your car park has sent me a penalty charge without any consideration of the situation.

Trying to get support from Lidl customer service has been extremely difficult.

When requesting to cancel this charge, one of your twitter account @LidlUKLTD replied by saying, this is how Lidl competes with other larger chains. Also with the threat that you will pursue the charge and take court action?

So threatening court action and ripping off your own customers is how you do business?

I'm very disappointed and furious at this situation. You're harassing your own customers and your social media team do not seem to have any degree of compassion towards your loyal customers.

I have attached a copy of the parking notice I received so you can see for yourself the amount I've overstayed.

Looking forward to your reply.

I don't know for sure but maybe it had something to do with the following email received from Lidl customer services today services letting me know the charge has been canceled. See email below:

Re: Parking Charge

Thank you for contacting us regarding the parking charge which you received whilst parked in our store car park.

As you are probably aware, Lidl UK GmbH is a national retailer. As such, we have stores in locations with limited parking space and in common with many of our competitors, our store car parks are abused to a significant and detrimental extent. We have therefore judged it necessary to take measures so that our store's parking facilities are available first and foremost to our customers.

In order to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are available at all times to our customers, Lidl employs third party contractors to monitor and control our car parks. So far, this service has proved reliable and effective in reducing car park abuse and in freeing up spaces for our customers.

In light of your comments, on this one occasion, I have contacted Athena and have requested that this charge is canceled. Please note, your comments regarding our parking restrictions have been noted and passed to the relevant department.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,

For and on behalf of Lidl UK GmbH

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks, everyone for their input!

CUSTOMER 2

Have copied the letter that was apparently sent to Athena which got the charge cancelled...fun read

Dear Athena ANPR

Your ref: xxxxxxxxx

Our ref: xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your correspondence of xxxxx, requesting the name of the driver of vehicle xxxxxxx ("the vehicle") between xxxxxx onxxxxxx

Having considered your request, I have decided to decline to offer you the details of the driver. The reasons for this are detailed below:

In your correspondence, you allege that the driver of the vehicle "exceeded free parking duration at [location]". You then go on to state that "the terms and conditions of the car park are clearly displayed on signs in prominent places".

Unfortunately, you have provided no evidence of these. Two photographs of the vehicle are provided, however neither show it definitively in the location you allege. Furthermore, without a copy of the "terms and conditions" you claim exist, I am not satisfied the driver breached them.

I, therefore, reject this request.

This decision can be appealed. If you wish to appeal, you must do so within 14 days of the date of delivery of this rejection. The date of delivery is deemed to be xxxx.

All appeals must be made either in writing to:

xxxxx

or by email to xxxxxxx

Please note that all appeals are subject to a £50 Appeal Registration Fee (ARF) that, by submitting an appeal, you agree to pay. The ARF must be paid at the time the appeal is registered, either by cheque (payable to xxx and sent to the above address) or via PayPal, to the above email address. Any appeals received without the relevant ARF will not be considered, but the ARF will remain payable, along with a £10 administration charge; an invoice for £60 will subsequently be issued. Failure to pay this invoice may result in your case being transferred to a debt collection company or to further legal proceedings where additional costs could be incurred.

For the avoidance of doubt, any correspondence received from yourselves (Athena ANPR Ltd) or by agents acting on your behalf (including, but not limited to, debt collection companies) by either post or email will be considered as an appeal and thus subject to the ARF that, by submitting said appeal, you will (per the terms stated above) have agreed to pay. The one and only exception is an automated acknowledgment of this correspondence.

For the further avoidance of doubt, the ARF is non-refundable, regardless if the appeal is accepted or rejected.

Yours sincerely,

Registered Keeper

What best advice would you suggest that you think might work out in my best favor and also on the info you provided regards sign at the entrance says Lidl- FIT SPACE car park so if you are a fit space visitor do you have to go into Lidl's and beg to be allowed to park? I doubt it at all.

Regards

Ldee247

The shop "Manager" is fobbing you off. But, to be fair, Lidl (and Aldi for that matter) are pretty good when it comes to telling their chosen PPC to do one.

Get in touch with Head Office, 95% of the time they'll sort it for you :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

no one suggested you went into the store and asked the manager, we said get on to head office in writing and complain. You must read things carefully and act accordingly.

My apology I must have read the post in a panic rush. I need your help if any guidance template is available on how to address this to the LIDL head office to make sure I get things the correct way I would really appreciate.

Also, in the meantime should I not worry about appeal to Anthea as the 14 days time window runs out on the 24/5/18?

regards

nope

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

both

read like thread 100's here already on lidl ...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"nope" is to the appeal to Athena. They're just lapdogs.

There's also no 'template' for getting in Touch with Lidl, but I'd suggest you look at the other posts that you've posted above and pick out any bits that are suitable.

Basically, what you're asking for is for Lidl to tell Athena to cancel the charge. And they should do this because you're a valued & loyal customer.

However, just in case Lidl forward your letter to Athena, always say "my vehicle", "the driver" etc. And never say "I" anything.

As an example... My vehicle was parked in the car park of your XXXXXXXXXX store while the driver was doing their shopping (receipt enclosed). While they were shopping they inadvertently overstayed their welcome.

So that you never admit to anyone that you were the driver, even if you were. :thumb:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

There's also no 'template' for getting in Touch with Lidl, but I'd suggest you look at the other posts that you've posted above and pick out any bits that are suitable.

Basically, what you're asking for is for Lidl to tell Athena to cancel the charge. And they should do this because you're a valued & loyal customer.

However, just in case Lidl forward your letter to Athena, always say "my vehicle", "the driver" etc. And never say "I" anything.

As an example... My vehicle was parked in the car park of your XXXXXXXXXX store while the driver was doing their shopping (receipt enclosed). While they were shopping they inadvertently overstayed their welcome.

So that you never admit to anyone that you were the driver, even if you were. :thumb:

Thank you very much for the prompt reply and tips on how to approach this issue.

I'm going to use few bits and bobs from the template I posted above and other forum Success posts.

I really appreciate for your support and heads up, thanks once again.

Hi Dragonfly1967,

here is the rough draft I created not sure if it makes sense...

Lidl UK GmbH

19 Worple Road

Wimbledon

London

SW19 4JS

Dear Mr Ronny Gottschlich (CEO)

Re: Parking Charge Notice xxxxxxxxxxx

My vehicle was parked in the car park of your xxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 8th May 2018, store while the driver was doing their shopping (receipt enclosed). While they were shopping they inadvertently overstayed their welcome.,

As a result of this, the company you've instructed to look after your car park has issued a penalty charge without any consideration of the situation.

The driver has been to your shop in Woolwich to get the issue resolved but apparently has been advised to get in touch with LIDL Customers service to get support but has been extremely difficult.

When requesting to cancel this charge, one of your twitter account @LidlUKLTD replied by saying, this is how Lidl competes with other larger chains. Also with the threat that you will pursue the charge and take court action?

So threatening court action and ripping off your own customers is how you do business?

It’s very disappointing, furious and frustrating situation to encounter especially when one is always a valued and loyal customer supporting your leading retail number one store in the Uk, and as a result, being harassed in such a way.

You're harassing your own customers and your social media team do not seem to have any degree of compassion towards your loyal customers.

As a valued and loyal customer this is unfair and kindly ask you to tell Anthea to cancel the charge.

Attached a copy of the parking notice received so you can see together with a receipt proof of purchase

Looking forward to your reply.

Yours Sincerely

Ldee247

I'm not sure who Anthea is...

HB

Should I rather state and say As a valued and loyal customer this is unfair and kindly ask you to tell Anthea to cancel the charge as I'm not sure who Anthea is

Sorry, my point was do you mean Athena?

I think you may have said valued and loyal customer a bit too often, but see what the others think.

HB

Oh okay, well Anthea is the parking enforcement ANPR Ltd issuing parking charges on behalf of LIDL. Thanks for the point of correction on the valued and loyal customer I'll edit likewise

No they dont ussue them on behalf of lidl

Nothing to do with lidl...

and they

Oh okay, well Anthea is the parking enforcement ANPR Ltd issuing parking charges on behalf of LIDL. Thanks for the point of correction on the valued and loyal customer I'll edit likewise

Your attachment in post #1 says Athena. If you're going to write in high dudgeon, you look better if you get it right.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Point taken, reading the previous post some people are stating they are working hand in hand with LIDL which is confusing who they are..... So anyway what are your final thoughts on my draft if it need be can re-edit.?

Your attachment in post #1 says Athena. If you're going to write in high dudgeon, you look better if you get it right.

HB

So would I rather be harsher than show some leniency for them to consider my facts?