BankFodder BankFodder

mrk123

Car Insurance - Taking out new policy before old policy runs out...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi..

I am insured on vehicle and my current insurnce compnay will not transfer me to the car I want to drive, they even said no one was coming back with a quote as I was uninsurable... I knew this was rubbish.

I went on go compare and got a quote for £995 (still high but given my circumstances I knew it would be about that).

I have a short while left on my current policy, I want to know am I good to get another policy out before old one has ended? i am giessing yes?).

You can, but that would mean youre paying for 2 policies, and only 1 can use no claims

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You can, but that would mean youre paying for 2 policies, and only 1 can use no claims

So it's not illegal, do the insurance co's talk to each other?

They cant stop you cancelling your old insurance. Just tell them you sold the vehicle. Then insure with the new insurer. Why continue paying the old one for absolutely no reason?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If you do not cancel your previous Insurance, when your new company asks you to provide proof of your no claims bonus you will not be able to provide it

Unfortunately you have an additional problem. Any quotation questionnaire will include something in the order of 'have you ever been refused insurance or required to pay an enhanced premium?'

Was the fact that your current policy provider has declined to cover the proposed vehicle declared on the comparison site?

The insurance industry is an example of companies sharing information and if you fail to declare it WILL come back to bite you!

You obviously do not wish to provide personal details on an open forum, but there must be either something special about the proposed vehicle, or in your history to cause an insurer to take this stance.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

He has insurance though. He wont be penalised for them refusing to cover a higher spec one while they already insure him.

But he has to declare it!

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

To add to the above, the OP has not confirmed why his current company will not insure him for the desired vehicle. It might not be the vehicle itself as he says ' (still high but given my circumstances I knew it would be about that). could indicate something in his history.

Hi Gick, i think you are confusing the "insurance declined" with "cannot give a quote"

Many insurance companies don't insure cars and drivers for various reasons, that doesn't mean that the insurance is declined.

You don't need to declare an unsuccessful quote.

Hi Gick, i think you are confusing the "insurance declined" with "cannot give a quote"

Many insurance companies don't insure cars and drivers for various reasons, that doesn't mean that the insurance is declined.

You don't need to declare an unsuccessful quote.

This is correct.

The OP has not given details of why the current insurer will not cover the proposed vehicle. I am merely pointing out that if the transfer is being 'declined', this fact must be material to the question 'have you had insurance declined or additional premium required' on any quote. I am not at all confused by the situation.

Until the OP clarifies the stance of the insurance Company, my warning remains.

Doesnt matter why. He was refused a quote. He is still covered by the same insurer on another policy. You are getting confused as already stated.

You can issue whatever warnings you like. Youre wrong.