Suspect Rogue trader selling reclining chairs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My 89 mother invited a company to quote for a reclining chair after seeing advert in National Press.

The company is Orchid Mobility and not the company recently featured on tv’s rogue traders.

She ordered a chair and unfortunately paid by cheque as they wouldn’t accept a card.

They said she would get priority delivery if she paid in full which she did (£1395).

I was on holiday by the way and was unaware of this.

The order was placed on 19th Feb with a 4 week delivery promised.

The chair has yet to be delivered and now we are in May.

Numerous phone calls have resulted in blatant lies telling us the chair is finished but too busy to deliver.

Delivery dates given but never met etc.

I have sent recorded delivery letters giving ultimatums but they have never responded or returned calls.

They are still answering their phone and hence still taking orders from old disabled people.

I rang citizens advice and they said police not interested and they said after the recorded letters follow up with small claims court.

I have traced the company directors name from Companies House but can’t find his residential address or I would ring his home.

Cannot definitely find him on Facebook but I think I know who the culprit is.

Any advice welcome to get the money back and get this lowlife stopped.

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the most appropriate forum....please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Is this the company - http://orchidmobility.co.uk/

We need you to specify the company so that we don't get it wrong

Please will you post up further details of the company and the directors which you have discovered.

Was the chair bought online or over the telephone or as a result of the visit to the shop? Which newspaper was it which carried the advertisement?

Unless things have changed, a long time ago i recalled a cheque a couple of months after it had been cashed.

The bank was very good at the time and i got my money back.

Might be an option.

Struggling at the moment finding my way around the site. I think I have turned off private messaging by mistake and not sure what it means or how turn it back on. Which part of the forum did you say my thread has been moved to? Thanks for quick reply and help.

You are on the thread now. It would be helpful if you would simply answer the questions

The company is Orchid Mobility of COLCHESTER. I am sure this is just a registered office where other companies are registered. Their advert was carried by the Sun newspaper as recently as April 21st. The company has only one officer the M.D. who is a Marc Anthony Bridges an accountant born July 2979. I think it is the same person as the Marc Bridges an accountant who was born same month and year and who lives at 38 Hunters End, Trimley Saint Mary, Felixstowe. The chair was ordered after a phone call to their 0800 1223 850 number. The salesman a Mr Doug Thomson (07738 218783) came in an SUV and was given a cheque.

In that case the company is Q7 Consultancy Ltd and they are trading as Orchid Mobility. However, there is also Orchid Mobility Ltd and they are dormant.

Q7 consultancy-14079396_2.pdf

orchid mobility-14079396_1.pdf

An interesting suggestion was made above about recalling the cheque. This is unlikely to be effective – but have you thought about it? And have you tried? There is nothing to lose.

Unfortunately, you are dealing with a limited liability company here and so you would have to sue them at the registered office. You may well find that there is nothing there against which to execute. Have you looked around to see whether they have a retail outlet or anywhere where they store this kind of equipment?

Cheque was cashed 26th Feb do I was assuming nothing could be done but will inform bank anyway now. Not found any other premises / shops associated with this company.

Were you given any invoices or receipts with their name on them?

Unbelievably out of the blue the company rang us earlier today promising the delivery of the chair. It has now been delivered and they apologised profusely. I posted a bad review of the company on Google which they were aware of and they promised my mother a £100 refund if I should remove the review as it was effecting sales. My impression of the company is that they have a terrible customer service as they have never rang us or given legitimate reasons for late delivery and even said at one point that the chair was available. I suspect they have a sales network being paid on commission giving unrealistic delivery promises. I would have accepted good reasons and intend to ring them to give them feedback.

Many thanks for everybody's help.

Jim Isherwood

Well done. I'm very pleased to you. It's really amazing that these companies are prepared to smash up their own reputations with such stupidity.

If you are going to accept their hundred pounds – then I suggest you do so without mentioning the thread on this forum. We never remove this kind of material- and we have been offered good money to do so.

By the way, do you happen to know if the cooling off period/cancellation rights were explained to your mother at all at any time during the sales process?

Were there any terms and conditions printed on the sales receipt or any other documentation?

Will not refer to this Forum. The T&C’s were outlined on the back of the receipt although I don’t know if my mother was alerted to them. If you think I should add anything else to my post after giving the company feedback for your future readers I would be pleased to do so.

Many thanks again

No thank you.

I think that is probably the end of the matter although I'd be very pleased if you could post up the terms of conditions in pdf format

Having checked your permissions there is no reason you cant upload.

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately. You don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use http://www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD -mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box. Just upload it ..job done

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If the review was honest then there is nothing to stop you accepting the money for the removal and then offering a truthful review elsewhere. Personally i would be adding to that review that they have asked you to take it down in exchange for a bribe because it is harming their business. the amount of profit they make on these chairs means £100 is nothing to them

Unbelievably out of the blue the company rang us earlier today promising the delivery of the chair. It has now been delivered and they apologised profusely. I posted a bad review of the company on Google which they were aware of and they promised my mother a £100 refund if I should remove the review as it was effecting sales. My impression of the company is that they have a terrible customer service as they have never rang us or given legitimate reasons for late delivery and even said at one point that the chair was available. I suspect they have a sales network being paid on commission giving unrealistic delivery promises. I would have accepted good reasons and intend to ring them to give them feedback.

Many thanks for everybody's help.

Jim Isherwood