Advice please on company registrations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I`m at present trying to pursue a plumber who had his own company he carried out work in October 2012(using 1982 consumer regulations), this company was dissolved 2014, but plumber started new company, new name with a partner, obviously new company are denying all responsibility and have a proper new registration number at companies house but the company number used on their website and paperwork is for the company previously dissolved, can this help me in any way. Work was on an extension for my disability all our savings used, now find downstairs shower room leaks like a sieve, upstairs bath cracked pipe work numerous other things wrong, he had also failed to seal outlet xhaust pipe from combi boiler they installed, boiler condemned until sealed. Plumber came in 9th of April fixed boiler (now saying he resealed it) promised to come 12th april to sort all other issues now denying it, some help /advice would be very grateful.

The incorrect company number is unlawful CoHouse would be interested to hear about it. I don't think it helps you in your dispute with them. Its not unheard of for rogue traders to use a made up limited company to make them seem legit but I suspect this is just incompetence.

I`m at present trying to pursue a plumber who had his own company he carried out work in October 2012(using 1982 consumer regulations), this company was dissolved 2014, but plumber started new company, new name with a partner, obviously new company are denying all responsibility and have a proper new registration number at companies house but the company number used on their website and paperwork is for the company previously dissolved, can this help me in any way. Work was on an extension for my disability all our savings used, now find downstairs shower room leaks like a sieve, upstairs bath cracked pipe work numerous other things wrong, he had also failed to seal outlet xhaust pipe from combi boiler they installed, boiler condemned until sealed. Plumber came in 9th of April fixed boiler (now saying he resealed it) promised to come 12th april to sort all other issues now denying it, some help /advice would be very grateful.

Hi many thanks for your prompt reply like you i think it is more incompetence, especially from someone who can sit in your home say "I don`t know how I missed that " that being a boiler that had been temporarily condemned a red notice issued by a major power company, go around the house saying I will fix everything before going promising to return, then says i will seal around boiler flue before I go for your safety and so that you an use boiler, does so then has secretary send email he REsealed it as goodwill!!!. As you said incompetence. but thank you again

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

as the original company was dissolved then theire is no obligation from the owner of the company to do anything. I cant understand why you are still letting him anywhere near your plumbing unless he is making good his mistakes for free.

A dangerous man is still a dangerous man even if he is wearing a different set of socks today.

Also you say NOW find downstairs leaks like a sieve, thar implies that all was well at the time. That will lose you a court claim so get someone else to survey the problems and get a price for fixing it from a reputable plumber who has all the necessary qualifications and references for similar work

Hi ericsbrother, thank you for your reply I understand what you mean about letting this workman back and no after what has happened would not let him return my stipulation " if I can" would be for an independent plumber to do the work.

I have checked with CAB re 1982 act and with the other issues, this can be addressed as well.

I asked for advice on the Company registration issue because for the moment I do not wish for the company or personal names to be known as yet, CAB would have to react if there was an issue and they know the names, simply put the number they have on their paperwork and website is the registration number for the dissolved company.

My name identifies my main disability but added issues of Crohn's disease and cluster headaches meant I had to retire, our savings went into an extension that in the future can be turned into living/sleeping area when I can no longer climb stairs, the work required is simply too costly, this gentleman sat in our home drinking tea and promised he would repair/replace all issues, repaired obviously what he was most worried about then went into silent mode. We still have the the red condemning notice which was issued by a worker from a major energy company. I will use this to get repairs etc done.

Regards Parky54

I dont wish to be rude but everything you have just posted is irrelevant to the situation you find yourself in. You must focus on what is important.

So what do you intned to do? Get a proper qualified plumber in to tell you what needs doing and how much or sit there and drink teas with an incompetent failure. The formetr will be quicker and cheaper in the long run.

You cant change his behaviour but you can stop being a victim of it.

Hi ericsbrother I do not think you are rude I always appreciate advice or information and information, politeness and patience, patience I find very important I have requested quotes from three plumbers for repairs. The information gathered on this new company this gentleman has formed the website lists names organizations they have done work for these same organization might not be too pleased to hear how this gentlemen part owner of this company treats a disabled person (use whatever you have).

Never lose your temper always be unfailingly polite and listen and check again.

So far I have taken Edinburgh Woolen Mills to court fulll refund for two sets of bedding(my wife always buy pairs) with costs etc, Thomas Cook travel company in court seven hundred pounds on a one thousand pound holiday my wife and her friends went on, so please never a victim just assimilate all advice, help and information you can get and good or bad always with a thank you.