F&Fsecured loan with Elderbridge - coerced debt and selling house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi supervillain,

well I have the statement of costs from the court hearing and the figure was £30,182.20, the settlement figure sent 4 years and 1 month later is £36,538.50!

what I also don't quite understand is the last letter I had from them in Nov 2017 said the balance was account balance is £65,802.15 and arrears were £23,337.83, in their settlement letter they say the account balance is £64,892.15 and accrued interest is £38,258.58 - they don't give an arrears amount, is this supposed to be included in the accrued interest figure??

none of it makes sense

well, if you dotn start you wont get anywhere. i would kick it off and try and use that as leverage as well as stating firmly they are in the wrong and so you are going down this route unless they desist their vindictive behaviour.

Hi Ericsbrother,

Yes I really need to but am just struggling with how to begin, any idea? Can anyone help with a letter or something. also is there any rule or regulation I can quote- have been checking around but cannot find anything

If I sell Can I instruct my solicitor to pay the loan balance not the costs as they are disputed?

Edited by dx100uk
merge

have you been to the FOS over this?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, because as Ericsbrother said this could take 2 years! and I don' trust them anyway after the dispatches program about them - so far in all case complaining about first plus they have sided 100% with first plus! crazy!

go ring them and ask

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I made a complaint to these people in May saying that their redemption figure is wrong and that there was no order allowing them to add the costs - they have so far sent an acknowledgment of my complaint and a further letter saying " sorry its taking so long - we're looking into it blah blah blah" in the meantime there have been some developments with another couple of customers cases with Elderbridge - formerly First Plus and I have decided to fight these people.

First I need to do a new SAR as my court case was 4 years ago now and I would like to see what other information is held on my account, I will know from this hopefully whether I can win. As you know from this thread it's been very complicated and long!

So my question is first do I send the SAR to Elderbridge? or Barclays? the company "First Plus" no longer exists but the loan is still "owned by Barclays but all the admin is done by Elderbridge (another fact they are trying to hide!)

Also in my "complaint" I not only aid I was not willing to pay the court costs, I gave them a figure that I believed to be correct but looking back, I think that the figure I gave was wrong - so I want to withdraw that "offer". Can you advise if I can do that?

sorry I'm confused - who am I ringing and ask for what?

go ring the fos

and they

Hi All,

I made a complaint to these people in May saying that their redemption figure is wrong and that there was no order allowing them to add the costs - they have so far sent an acknowledgment of my complaint and a further letter saying " sorry its taking so long - we're looking into it blah blah blah" in the meantime there have been some developments with another couple of customers cases with Elderbridge - formerly First Plus and I have decided to fight these people.

First I need to do a new SAR as my court case was 4 years ago now and I would like to see what other information is held on my account, I will know from this hopefully whether I can win. As you know from this thread it's been very complicated and long!

So my question is first do I send the SAR to Elderbridge? or Barclays? the company "First Plus" no longer exists but the loan is still "owned by Barclays but all the admin is done by Elderbridge (another fact they are trying to hide!)

Also in my "complaint" I not only aid I was not willing to pay the court costs, I gave them a figure that I believed to be correct but looking back, I think that the figure I gave was wrong - so I want to withdraw that "offer". Can you advise if I can do that?

whoever took you to court

and they

well Barclays then

and they

read all the posts in the sar link

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, ok still waiting for my SAR.

but in the meantime I have just accepted an offer on my house.

now it's going to get complicated.

I looked back at the further letter I got from elderbridge in july saying that they were still looking into my complaint BUT that I can complain to the FOS now and have to do that within 6 months of the date of that letter, I'm a bit confused by that, I thought you only go to the FOS if they have made a decision and you still don't agree or are they telling me I can got to the FOS because its taken them too long?

The other question is - The sale of the house will cover the figure they gave me in the redemption letter but as I said I disagree with that figure, can they stop the sale if there is a dispute over the amount or can I instruct the solicitor to HOLD the money until the dispute is resolved?

Any help is very much appreciated .

thanks

you can go to the FOS 8 weeks after your complaint regardless to any outcome

and they

Thanks DX, I will forward a complaint to the FOS then.

Can anyone advise on the other points raised, Can my solicitor hold the money until the dispute is settled, as the sale is enough to cover the entire amount they claim is outstanding , would they be able to stop the sale?

I went to court approx 5 years ago, secured loan went for repossession, the claim total was for £109k.

At the time I was a litigant in person , there was an initial hearing and it was decided that due to the complexities of the case there should be a trial, it allocated to fast track and at the trial I managed to stop the repossession but got a SPO.

It has come to my attention that this should never have been in the fast track was the total was nowhere near the £25k , it should have been on the multi track.

can anyone advise on this?

it was £5k in those days I think

who tried to repo?

and they

I have merged this new thread with you existing thread

everyone [some 200+ people ] are subbed to your thread so will all get a new email alert wit the questions you've now asked above

far more people that might view a new thread if they bother to look around and find it

and they

Fast Track / Multi Track. Fast Track is reserved for claims between £10,000-£25,000. Multi Track is for claims that surpass £25,000

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread