BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi all. I'm hoping someone can help me. 10 yes ago I took a 5000 secured loan with black horse. At the time I was employed and in receipt of working tax credits and maintenance payments. All was fine until my child reached 18 and I struggled. Black horse sold my mortgage to idem and after many expenditures were submitted they sold it on to mars capital who are now hounding me for the full 5000 plus 6000 in charges. After trying to solve this myself, black horse have sent me a cheque for 100 as have idem for " not following correct procedures"  The original loan term ended in may last year. I also cant find any evidence of this loan on my credit file. I have asked for charges to be considered unfair but they wont budge. Where do I stand? Any advice appreciated.
    • Plusnet complaints have offered about half the money, £150 up from £100, and their excuse is that two accounts were created. The story is I signed up for life mobile on 26/02/2016 and cancelled almost immdiately after. The initial payment to Lifemobile of £6.00 was refunded a week later, but a DD was setup for the account and the account was not cancelled. A month later on 31/03/2016 I signed up for a lifemobile account again at £5.95, made an initial payment and a DD was setup.  They have suggested I now go through the ombudsman, or should I go through the direct debit guarantee scheme as Plusnet are contesting it is a contractual issue, when I think it is an admin error on their part.   2016  * is the ghost account 26/02/2016                 CARD PAYMENT TO LIFEMOBILE.CO.UK,6.00 GBP, RATE 1.00/GBP ON 24-02-2016                                       £6.00*   Inital contract setup payment 02/03/2016                 CREDIT FROM LIFEMOBILE.CO.UK ON 2016-02-29                                                                                               £6.00*    Inital contract setup payment  refunded   31/03/2016                 CARD PAYMENT TO LIFEMOBILE.CO.UK,5.95 GBP, RATE 1.00/GBP ON 29-03-2016                                       £5.95 - New contract initial payment  08/04/2016                 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO LIFE MOBILE REF KIN731007, MANDATE NO 0013                                           £6.00 * - DirectDebit setup for cancelled contract   11/05/2016                 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO LIFE MOBILE REF KIN731007, MANDATE NO 0013                                           £6.00 * 16/05/2016                 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO LIFE MOBILE REF KIN731007, MANDATE NO 0013                                           £5.95   15/07/2016                 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO LIFE MOBILE REF KIN731007, MANDATE NO 0013                                           £10.22 11/07/2016                 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO LIFE MOBILE REF KIN731007, MANDATE NO 0013                                           £6.00 *   16/06/2016                 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO LIFE MOBILE REF KIN731007, MANDATE NO 0013                                           £6.25 10/06/2016                 DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT TO LIFE MOBILE REF KIN731007, MANDATE NO 0013                                           £6.00 *       Response from Plusnet/Life Mobile:   Thank you for your time on the phone earlier on today, apologies for catching you at an inconvenient time. I will now keep the method of contact to email as requested.   Having investigate further into the above accounts I can confirm that:   Kin731007 was set upon the 26/02/2016 via Life Mobile and a welcome email and pack was emailed to the given email address of @hotmail.co.uk. On the welcome email it explained that the SIM only package was £6.00 per month and it was advised that we would be taking this payment on or after the 8th of every month. The bank details given were from a Santander UK account. There has been no usage on this account.   Kin7310071 was set up on the 05/04/2016 via Life Mobile and a welcome email and pack was sent to the given email address of @hotmail.co.uk. On the welcome email it explained that the SIM only package was £5.95 per month and it was advised that we would be taking this payment on or after the 14th of every month. The bank details given were from the same Santander UK account that was given when kin731007 was set up.   When you terminated the account kin7310071 via the PAC switching service in December 2019 you then on the 27/01/2020  received an email request for a payment of £12.60. Upon calling the mobile contact centre it transpired that this bill was a request for payment for account kin731007. You advised that this was not an account you were familiar with as it has a different telephone number to the one you had been using. It was at this point it was established that you had been receiving two separate bills each month but it was your belief that these bills were just a duplicate even though the amounts were different each month. It was requested that our fraud team investigate in to this further and at this point you asked for the full refund of the monies paid for the account kin731007.   Our credit and risk team reviewed the account and concluded that as it was opened prior to the account you were using (kin7310071), and given that all the payment details and email correspondence address matched they were satisfied that the account had not been opened fraudulently from our side.   As there now was a late payment marker for this account (kin731007), it has been agreed that we will now note the account as settled from the 09/12/2019 (last payment date) due to no activity, however we are unable to remove the account from your credit file in relation to fraud.   You have been offered a goodwill gesture of £100 by a Customer Services Manager at the mobile contact centre however this was declined. You have asked for a settlement of £271.80 which is the total amount you have paid for the monthly billing of account kin731007. We would be unable to refund that amount due to the account being maintained each month, the fact that a separate direct debit was on the account and that you have received monthly notifications for this account since it was established. I do appreciate however that you have spent some considerable time sorting this issue and understand the inconvenience caused. I would at this stage be happy to offer our final position as a monetary goodwill gesture of £150.00. Should you not wish to accept this we would potentially be in a position of deadlock. This means that both us and you cannot come to an amicable resolution to your complaint and this would provide you with the means to escalate your case to our recommended independent adjudicator, Ombudsman Service, as outlined in our Complaints Code of Practice.   Please let us know how you would like to progress with your case and we can look to take the appropriate action. Feel free to reply via email or if you would prefer to speak with me I can be reached on 0800 587 2677 .  I am in the office until 7pm this evening and back in on Monday.   Kind Regards   Nicola Nicola Wallis Customer Advocates Advisor
    • I cant get through to Kensington - 2 hour wait time! Do you think it might be a good idea to call TLT solicitors and explain that I written to Coast and asked them for the SAR - so I could calculate the charges that were incorrect and then setup the repayment with them - is it worth a phone call to them or not?   Also worried that I have not filled in this court form yet (N11M) - I think I have 28 days!  
    • It seems to me that there is a duty on Barclays to let their customers know about the effects of making these kinds of important decisions.
    • Thank you so much, l really appreciate your points. I can not begin to tell you how this has affected my life, l have not taken the Codeine since 2018, but been treated like a criminal by DVLA if l showed all the facts in this case it would shook people. Once the country is up and running late will try again just the time it takes as been a year now and not sure how much longer l can keep my Motability adapter vehicle for due for renewal in October) and my job, total independence gone for someone in a wheelchair just trying to be “normal” and go to work!! 
  • Our picks

sorry but repeating the same mantra wont actually solve your problems and will undoubtedly create some more.

YOou CAN beat these bandits but you have to go about it in a logical and orderly manner and it isnt quick. They have a lot to gain from this and little to lose so you need to be able to reverse that risk/reward equation.

Do not bin any more of their letters you have so far destroyed all of the evidence you can gather to show they havent got things right when applying the law that does apply. The reason they succeed is because most peopel are ignorant fo teh rules and processes and dont start off on the right foot because of this.

Look at thread where peopel get clobbered in supermarket car parks. they are the easiest to overturn because usually planning law is against the parking co and the supermarket doesnt want the whole world to knwo they have got into bed with some crooks so will tell the parking cowboys to back off when they are put in the spotlight.

Informtion is key and knowledge is king. If you thnk that screwing your financial life up for the next 6 years plus is the way forward then  you shuold look at the debt pages instead of parking