P4Parking/TNC PCN - Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Earlier in January a work colleague of mine who took my vehicle out for a lunch break got me into a bit of a trouble as I found out he had gone to park illegally in a private residence in the city of Edinburgh.

The letter from the parking Company, a parking charge notice stated emphatically 'to keeper', they wanted to know the driver and I guess at this point I should have hesitated a bit, I wrote to the parking Company giving them the name of my colleague and asked them to address him with any further issues, I did sign the letter to that effect. I was even more shocked that DVLA could easily give out my private information with such wanton disregard to privacy.

Problem is, this guy has moved to Canada and married there and rarely stays in touch, his sister called me up couple of days ago saying there have now been two threatening letters sent to their address but in MY name asking whoever was driving to cough up firstly a 100 GBP parking fine, and suddenly a massive jump to 160 in the second letter,with no breakdown of charges or how they even got to that exhortbitant amount in the first place.

Now, was I wrong to name the driver from the beginning, if he refused to play the game by paying, does this then come back to me by default. Where do I stand here if things escalated.

I would upload a scanned copy of what the young woman sent me when I get home from work.

Well reading between the lines this sounds like its private not council.

Now as much as we advise not to tell or admit who the driver is you have already done that.

But your saving grace is they live abroad.

Now in the "contract" ie the dodgy signs does it say what to do in that situation? No.

On the demand it does or should sy blah blah name the driver and a SERVICEABLE address.

Do you know what serviceable means?

It means an address they can legally serve papers to, but they dont make that clear. Their is no appendix on the paper making it clear.

You can argue that point.

At the end of the day you've done what a lay person would do understanding the letter (in lay terms)

Go tell them to swivel

Many thanks for your response folks.

There's just been a new letter,

this time with the actual driver been addressed and me not anymore.

For some reason, the parking charge figure has dropped to 100 GBP again from the last 160.

See photo attached.

I'd answer the questions from the stikky as soon as possible HB

PCN P4Parking - TNC.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Are you saying that they changed the name but not the address?

How and why do you have That letter?

It also nice to see they said"current postal address"

They have shot themselves in the foot.

Any and all letters return to them saying on the back no one of that name at this address

stuff and all they can do if they are aware he is no longer resident in the uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This current address is not that of mine but my friend's Sergeant Bush, the last two letters to their place had my name on it, now this new one here has his name. His sister just brought me this mail this morning, I've asked her to send me copies of each of them, in case things went down hill, so I know what I'm dealing with

Any and all letters return to them saying on the back no one of that name at this address

Won't that risk them saying that the driver details OP gave were false and allow them to revert to pursuing OP as Keeper? The driver was a work colleague and OP appears not to have strong personal reason to shield him from the parking company, and has already provided his name/address once so if I were OP I'd be inclined just to say 'moved to....' and give the Canadian address.

Yes he is no more in the U.K, but parking company doesn't know nor have this information at this point in time,all the mails are now going to his old family home here in Scotland where his sister lives

So you haven't "given up your friend" completely !!!

I take it at the time of the alledged parkin matter he lived at the address and now he lives in Canada.

He moved in the interim of the start of the letters and theletters now.

Why else would you give the parking company an address they dont live at.

The details up until the final move to Canada was what I wasn't privy to, up until then I had only known him to be at his 'former' address here in the U.K. When we last spoke on WhatsApp I didn't have the slightest impression he had moved. I am finding out like this from his relative. What do you suggest, that I hunt down his overseas address and rope him in?

Well morally I would.

Legally I'm not sure

But the s c a m m e r s are not looking for you at your address but looking for him at his sisters address.

It might cause his sister some upset even though its unenforceable.

It may lead to a default ccj of the parasites take it that far that the guy doesn't know about and if he moves back to the UK it may cause financial issues

If this happened in Scotland, it's possible it could have been resolved quickly at the beginning. It's a shame you didn't come here then.

Anyway, I'll leave to the experts to say what could be retrieved from this.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

inform them of the drivers correct address

stuff and all they can do once they know that.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Understand, they can only go after the driver and you named that person and gave an address where documents can be served.

The parking co, by continuing to use your name in this matter are breaking the law and you can sue them for this.

As the threatograms are from a toothless DCA his sister and you should continue to do nothing but if either address gets a solicitors letter get her to pass it on if it has your name and we will advise how to deal with it.

being pedantic they have already breached the contract they have with the DVLA as they know there is no keeper liability in Scotland so they lied to get you keeper details and that can earn them bother and you money if you are so minded. However, let them provide the rope to hang themselves.