• Tweets

• As I recall the only thing you tried telling us was based on a quote that you selectively edited by Lord James of Blackheath. You misrepresented it as a statement of fact when it was actually a question which was laughed at by his peers in the House of Lords.  We told you it was garbage, you asked us to prove it and we did.   Remember?
    • you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 592 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Earlier in January a work colleague of mine who took my vehicle out for a lunch break got me into a bit of a trouble as I found out he had gone to park illegally in a private residence in the city of Edinburgh.

The letter from the parking Company, a parking charge notice stated emphatically 'to keeper', they wanted to know the driver and I guess at this point I should have hesitated a bit, I wrote to the parking Company giving them the name of my colleague and asked them to address him with any further issues, I did sign the letter to that effect. I was even more shocked that DVLA could easily give out my private information with such wanton disregard to privacy.

Problem is, this guy has moved to Canada and married there and rarely stays in touch, his sister called me up couple of days ago saying there have now been two threatening letters sent to their address but in MY name asking whoever was driving to cough up firstly a 100 GBP parking fine, and suddenly a massive jump to 160 in the second letter,with no breakdown of charges or how they even got to that exhortbitant amount in the first place.

Now, was I wrong to name the driver from the beginning, if he refused to play the game by paying, does this then come back to me by default. Where do I stand here if things escalated.

I would upload a scanned copy of what the young woman sent me when I get home from work.

Well reading between the lines this sounds like its private not council.

Now as much as we advise not to tell or admit who the driver is you have already done that.

But your saving grace is they live abroad.

Now in the "contract" ie the dodgy signs does it say what to do in that situation? No.

On the demand it does or should sy blah blah name the driver and a SERVICEABLE address.

Do you know what serviceable means?

It means an address they can legally serve papers to, but they dont make that clear. Their is no appendix on the paper making it clear.

You can argue that point.

At the end of the day you've done what a lay person would do understanding the letter (in lay terms)

Go tell them to swivel

Many thanks for your response folks.

There's just been a new letter,

this time with the actual driver been addressed and me not anymore.

For some reason, the parking charge figure has dropped to 100 GBP again from the last 160.

See photo attached.

I'd answer the questions from the stikky as soon as possible HB

PCN P4Parking - TNC.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Are you saying that they changed the name but not the address?

How and why do you have That letter?

It also nice to see they said"current postal address"

They have shot themselves in the foot.

Any and all letters return to them saying on the back no one of that name at this address

stuff and all they can do if they are aware he is no longer resident in the uk

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

This current address is not that of mine but my friend's Sergeant Bush, the last two letters to their place had my name on it, now this new one here has his name. His sister just brought me this mail this morning, I've asked her to send me copies of each of them, in case things went down hill, so I know what I'm dealing with

Any and all letters return to them saying on the back no one of that name at this address

Won't that risk them saying that the driver details OP gave were false and allow them to revert to pursuing OP as Keeper? The driver was a work colleague and OP appears not to have strong personal reason to shield him from the parking company, and has already provided his name/address once so if I were OP I'd be inclined just to say 'moved to....' and give the Canadian address.

I thought your friend now lives in Canada?

Yes he is no more in the U.K, but parking company doesn't know nor have this information at this point in time,all the mails are now going to his old family home here in Scotland where his sister lives

So you haven't "given up your friend" completely !!!

I take it at the time of the alledged parkin matter he lived at the address and now he lives in Canada.

He moved in the interim of the start of the letters and theletters now.

Why else would you give the parking company an address they dont live at.

The details up until the final move to Canada was what I wasn't privy to, up until then I had only known him to be at his 'former' address here in the U.K. When we last spoke on WhatsApp I didn't have the slightest impression he had moved. I am finding out like this from his relative. What do you suggest, that I hunt down his overseas address and rope him in?

Well morally I would.

Legally I'm not sure

But the s c a m m e r s are not looking for you at your address but looking for him at his sisters address.

It might cause his sister some upset even though its unenforceable.

It may lead to a default ccj of the parasites take it that far that the guy doesn't know about and if he moves back to the UK it may cause financial issues

If this happened in Scotland, it's possible it could have been resolved quickly at the beginning. It's a shame you didn't come here then.

Anyway, I'll leave to the experts to say what could be retrieved from this.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

inform them of the drivers correct address

stuff and all they can do once they know that.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

No keeper liability in Scotland, even if the keeper doesn't provide the driver's details.

Understand, they can only go after the driver and you named that person and gave an address where documents can be served.

The parking co, by continuing to use your name in this matter are breaking the law and you can sue them for this.

As the threatograms are from a toothless DCA his sister and you should continue to do nothing but if either address gets a solicitors letter get her to pass it on if it has your name and we will advise how to deal with it.

being pedantic they have already breached the contract they have with the DVLA as they know there is no keeper liability in Scotland so they lied to get you keeper details and that can earn them bother and you money if you are so minded. However, let them provide the rope to hang themselves.