style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe sandwell council, £1717.37, i have paid off £792.37.

Bristow sutor have charged £75.00 compliance fee and then £235.00 enforcement fee.

I fell behind the agreed payment plan by 2 weeks and they now want the full £1235 balance or another bailiff will visit adding £235.00 to the balance.

The bailiff has never entered the property nor have we spoke.

Can they charge so many fees?

I owe Sandwell Council, £1717.37, i have paid off £792.37.

Bristow sutor have charged £75.00 compliance fee and then £235.00 enforcement fee. I fell behind the agreed payment plan by 2 weeks and they now want the full £1235 balance or another bailiff will visit adding £235.00 to the balance. The bailiff has never entered the property nor have we spoke.

Can they charge so many fees?

I am assuming from your post that the payment arrangement agreed between you and Bristow & Sutor had been made after a personal visit had been made (hence the addition of the £235 enforcement fee).

As you have defaulted on the payment agreement, then it is the case that the payment arrangement can now be cancelled and the balance due immediately. The enforcement agent can make another enforcement visit. However.........he cannot charge an additional 'enforcement fee' of £235. That fee may only be charged once.

Did you previously allow the enforcement agent into your property?

Did you sign a Controlled Goods Agreement?

Do you have a car outside? If so, it is now at risk of being seized.

PS: Out of interest, how much was the payment arrangement with B & S?

THANKYOU.

He did not enter the Property

No agreement has been signed

250 per month

No car.

Can you tell me under which rule it states they can only charge once for a visit.

Thanks.

Difficult to get a proper picture on here.

1717.37-792.37= 925 Sum remaining to council,

then pp defaulted and sent to bailiff.

925=75(COMPLIANCE) + 235(enforcement)=1,235 amount due after default.

One payment each first and second stages

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

THANKYOU.

He did not enter the Property. No agreement has been signed.

£250 per month

No car.

Thanks.

The debt is around £1,200 and even if the enforcement agent managed to gain entry into your property, it would very doubtful that he would be able to take control of non exempt items to cover this amount.

That will lead him to want to take control of a vehicle but as you do not have a vehicle, he has two choices left. He can either accept a payment arrangement....or alternatively, he can return the debt back to the council. If he does so, any uncollected bailiff fees will be removed. As long as the enforcement agent does not gain entry into your home you are actually in a good position to get a payment arrangement agreed.