Hi ppl! Got a ticket (Newham) outside permited zone house.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi what a pain.

I arrived from Yorkshire early morning to check on my friends house in London, They are on holiday. He left me 30 day passes to park in permitted Zones outside the house street.

When I arrived, I stuck one in my car - an one day all zone pass. 7:30am.

About an hour later I saw a tow lorry outside about to lift my car. I went outside and said I have a pass and this is the house I'm staying in.

Apparently I didnt read a sign they stuck up a few days ago? who knows. It said Parking prohibited on dates 30th april (today) due to footway reconstruction on both sides of road from house number # to # including my mates door number!

They said just move your car 2 houses up and you're fine cos you have an all zone permit..but dont forget to pay the fine too:mad2:. My mates car was fined and lifted to a new spot too..i couldnt move his because it wont start..suffice to say they went on a rampage and fined every other car on the street.:!:

Can i appeal and what do i write in the letter?

Thank you.

Jaws

thread tidied

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep, appeal. Tell them you parked there and didn't see the sign, and moved the car as soon as you realised.

Not sure how it will turn out, but that's about all you can do, assuming you actually were in the suspended parking area.

I moved the car as soon as they were about to lift it to move it..the ticket was already on it.

still no road works. Is this is even normal? 2:07pm now and nothing going on outside the house.

For parking in a suspended place. You say there was a sign there, but you missed it, so they have done what they need to by putting the sign up. It's always down to the motorist to look for signs and see what the parking conditions are.

Is that the first thing you do when you been driving 4 and half hours to another town in the middle of night. Don't talk out of ya backside mate. Thanks for your input though.

But i agree if its YOUR council.

Its ok i'll do this myself. No help whatsoever. Used to be a good place this forum, full of pansies now.

Cagger since : Mar 2008

Yeah, park up without looking to see what the signs say, then go onto a forum and ask if you can appeal, ask what you should write, ask what you've been fined for, then insult people who answer your questions.

Good stuff, Jaws.

Its ok i'll do this myself. No help whatsoever. Used to be a good place this forum, full of pansies now.

Cagger since : Mar 2008

Ok buttercup.

I'll pick the toys ip and put them back in the play pen

you fruit cakes, I have an all zones all day GUEST permit for the residency outside the house it was issued to ...where else was i to park it? on your head?

Stop implying i just cruised into london and parked where the hell i liked.

Yeah, park up without looking to see what the signs say, then go onto a forum and ask if you can appeal, ask what you should write, ask what you've been fined for, then insult people who answer your questions.

Good stuff, Jaws.

i guess you live in london? you check outside your own house to see if the rules have temporily changed? Are you trying to wind me up?

oh dear why do i have to repeat myself? my mates parking space in front of his house? his car got fined too...he's on holiday.. are you for real? Is this fair?

We have traffic lights where I live, sometimes they are green, sometimes they arent.

if i went though a red one could I use the same argument, that I dont need to look to see if they have temporarily changed?

Traffic lights are not a London thing either.

i have seen them in York, where they seem to have bought a job lot of yellow paint and signs in an auction and just placed them up randomly but last time I was there I managed to avoid getting any tickets

Whilst sympathising with anyone caught out by a temporary measure that isnt always that clear in a darkend street it doesnt change the law and the OP's lashing out at all and sundry wont make things any better.

You have to out it down to experience and remind yourself to have a look around when you park.

Sometimes it works to your advantage such as when I used to park in Sutton on a single yellow line becasue there was no time limit plate associated with that line. The CEO's knew it so I was never ticketed.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing