Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Ok. I will have to fill in the papers by myself (N224)..


Any advice on how should I proceed?


I read that I should call Lambeth and "attempt to get Consent to set-aside the Judgement"?



Thank for your help...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm exactly in the same situation as I posted on the 15th of May.


My OOT was rejected by TEC regarding my London Parking ticket. They told me I have to fill in the N244 and pay the 100£ if I would like to appeal again.


Someone told me that I should attempt to get Consent from Lambeth to set-aside the Judgement and that in this case, the Court Fee is £100 and there is No Court Hearing?


Thanks for your help..

Edited by Andyorch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I just take this opportunity to explain my assistance was to help with Out of Time witness statements for another borough.


The particular matter that she is posting about in the past few days relate to a contravention for London Borough of Lambeth. She submitted an Out of Time witness statement for that offence herself in April.


When submitting the application she was confused and accordingly, the forms were very muddled and as a consequence, Lambeth informed the Traffic Enforcement Centre that they wished to oppose her application. She eventually received confirmation of the rejection from the Traffic Enforcement Centre a few days ago.


The fact of the matter is that she should not have been issued with the parking ticket because she had actually paid for the parking (and as evidence, she has a copy of the paid ticket). Her error was that when making payment, she had incorrectly entered one digit wrong for her vehicle registration number. Accordingly, a penalty charge was issued.


She has an option to 'seek a review' of the rejection and this is done by way of an N244 application to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. There are two snags with such an application:


One: There is a court fee of £100 to pay.


Two: The Judge reviewing the rejection is supposed to be limited to only considering the reason she gave in her original Out of Time application and the response from LB or Lambeth. Because she made an error on the forms it may be the case that the Judge will not allow the review. If so, she would have wasted £100.


My suggestion to her has been that it may be a good idea to write to LB Lambeth to explain what had actually happened (and provided evidence) and to ask that consideration be given to cancel the charge.


She received a letter in the past couple of days from the council to advise that they have passed to case to an enforcement company and that the debt is £203. They are urging her to contact the firm.


I asked the OP yesterday whether she would like me to approach the company and ask whether they would be willing to place a 'hold' on the account to allow her time to approach LB of Lambeth. I emailed her early this morning to advise that I have received a response from the EA agreeing to me request. They have placed a 30 day hold on the account.


I should also add that in respect of entering the wrong vehicle registration number into a pay and displaying machine, I am not familiar myself with the regulations concerning this. I am pretty sure that decisions have been made by both TPT and London Tribunals and it may be to good idea for VPMG to approach the good people over at National Consumer Service or on the local authority parking section of this forum for advise before she writes to LB of Lambeth.

Edited by dx100uk
edited - dx
Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...