G24 ANPR PCN - Overstay A40 Alperton Lane, Off Western Avenue, Greenford, UB68AA, Costa/KFC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening everyone,

A friend and I met up at the costa on the A40 in Greenford a few weeks ago, and we stayed there working on something for about 2 hours.

A couple of weeks later he gets a PCN in the post, and I don't.

Attached is what they sent him, apparently the max stay time is 90 minutes. Which is utterly ridiculous.. what if someone wants to sit in costa to revise, or work on something? These private parking companies do not have people's interests in mind and institute these ridiculous rules, and the business owners are utter clowns for allowing them to do so.

Please advise, thanks!

G24 Parking Charge R.pdf

Can you tell us the exact date you parked, and the exact date you recieved the letter?

btw, that NTK.... isnt compliant ;)

Also, please edit out reference numbers and your reg number from it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Tony P the reason for stopping there is totally irrelevant. What is important is whether G24 have all their ducks in a row to be able to claim anything from any motorist. Most parking companies seem unable to do that.

Members come on the Forum for help and advice not to be pilloried.

However, the OP said, ' apparently the max stay time is 90 minutes. Which is utterly ridiculous.. what if someone wants to sit in costa to revise, or work on something? These private parking companies do not have people's interests in mind and institute these ridiculous rules, and the business owners are utter clowns for allowing them to do so. I think this is what Tony P was replying to.

(My accent)

Whilst not siding with the PPC, I wonder what part of Costa's business plan allows for students doing their revision?

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Whilst not siding with the PPC, I wonder what part of Costa's business plan allows for students doing their revision?

Doesnt matter one little bit, but plenty of coffee outlets allow people to stay for an hour or two an revise with a few cups of coffee

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is unlikely that Costa have a say on any of this, they are tenants and get what they are given.

in the fullness of time that is something that you will be asking- who did the parking co sign a contract with but for the moment finding out what exactly the signs say will be helpful as their NTK contains a claim for further costs recovery that doesnt apply to the keeper at all ond to the driver only of these terms were expressly notified on the signage at the time.

By adding this unlawful charge they may have rendered the entire contract void under the unfair contracts terms regs.

as for sitting in their shop and doing your homework

- well, if you had WALKED in off the street would they demand £100 to sit there after you finished your coffee?

If they didnt they would lose custom and all of the legal claims afterwards.

I must remind people, this is not about actions or parking, it is about contracts so whether your dog was ill or you wanted a 17th cup of coffee and had to spend 2 hours in the toilet that doesnt matter, it is were you offered a legally enforceable contract and did you break it?

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

For PNC's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 07/04/18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 13/04/18

3 Date received 16/04/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] not on the front, unsure if so on the back

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes, apparently

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] No, I don't do anything without advice from this community

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? G24

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Alperton Lane, Off Western Avenue, Greenford, UB68AA, Costa/KFC

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. Unsure at the moment. I will confirm when I receive a picture of the rear of ticket

i must remind people, this is not about actions or parking, it is about contracts so whetehr yu dog was ill or you wanted a 17th cup of coffee and had to spend 2 hours in the toilet that doesnt matter, it is were you offered a legally enforceable contract and did you break it?

where is the like button??

did they provide the photographic evidence in the NTK?

If they didnt then it isnt a legal NTK.

they cant say we have some pictures of your car but we arent going to show you them now, they have to provide evidence of the breach they are claiming and in this case that means timestamped piccies.

Yes the only "Evidence" provided is the one on the image posted.

Funny thing is that I was there for longer than my friend but I have not received a PCN.

He worries bailiffs/debt collectors will come or that the pcn company will clamp his car.

Oops DCA's are not bailiff s

And have ZERO legal powers

Bailiff s can never be involved unless it's been to court and he loses!!

Clamping was outlawed in 2012!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's what I keep telling him, he just needs to see it from you guys.

I've got a thread going on for a PCN from August, nothing has happened since but DRP toilet paper and fake solicitor letter headed letters.

Thank you Dx

That has crossed my mind.

I moved properties 2 weeks ago, I've changed my details but I haven't redirected my post.

I moved on the 20th of April, my friend received his on the 16th. My thought was if I was to receive it I would have by the 20th.

Is it worth calling the DVLA to ask if anyone has requested my details for a PCN etc.?

You should always redirect your post, that is how fraudsters get enough paperwork to create false accounts in your name.

As for asking the DVLA, well if the parking co asked for your details and were given your old address then the parking co is obliged by law to write to that address until YOU tell them otherwise.

we have hundreds of thrad here that w are asked to help with when people havent taken the simple action to protect themselves. you can still get a post redirect for RM, make it at least 6 months and then if you get a letter from a dca or the like you tell them that the new address for this matter is......... but you still deny any monies are owed.

• 3 months later...

std grap not a letter before claim

doesnt say WILL anything

and they