BankFodder BankFodder

stuwebb

Santander claiming historic mortgage charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 666 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Im trying to claim mortgage charges on a mortgage taken out in1984 and redeemed in November 2004 initially with Alliance&leicester the initial period was 25 years and the total of the charges is£1,555.00 plus compound interest total £2,527.69

This claim ia now in the small claims court and Santander solicitors has submitted a application notice to get the claim struck out and the hearing is on May 3.In a letter received yesterday they mentioned section 5 of the limitations act and said the sums claimed were irrecoverable.

They say i can withdraw the claim and pay santander just under£300.00 or if i pursue the claim they will claim the full costs witch they estimate at over£1,500

advice please

under a mistake it runs from when you could have reasonably been aware they were unlawful and reclaimable

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

If it has been allocated to the small claims track, then unless you are litigating very unreasonably in some way, they won't be awarded their costs. In that case they are just bluffing or to use legal language – bullying.

If they have put that threat in a letter, then I think that you should take it along to the court and say that you think that the solicitors are acting abusively of a litigant in person who is on the small claims track. If you said to the judge gently and pass a copy of the letter to the judge – I don't think it can hurt you. The solicitors need to start understanding that they can't deal with people like this. Who are the solicitors?

Incidentally, if the charges in 2004 equalled £1500, then I would have thought you could be looking at a lot more than 2 1/2 thousand pounds. Apart from anything else, there is the standard 8%. Have you included this in your claim? Maybe you could post up your claim form in PDF format

Hi bank fodder the solicitors are TLT will post up the details

Thanks

hi Bankfodder I am struggling to up load information you asked for. scanned to computer pictures but cannot convert scans to PDF. can you advise please.

If you use Google, I expect that you will find some free software which will convert images to PDF format

read upload

programs are listed in the guide..............

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..