Lowell claimform - old o2 mobile debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Received a county court northampton form for lowell. An o2 contract.

I've asked for proof of this from lowell and as it was taken out online, there isnt much they can prove.

They said they have requested statements but these will show blank.

Contract was not used, only the phone (which they eventually blacklisted)

If i'm honest I lived at the address for a month and have no link to it, which was where the contract was set up and sent to.

Can I disagree with the claim and ask them to prove it was me who took out the contract? If not, what can I do?

Thanks,

It's not clear from what you say if you agree that you did have the contract but you want them to prove it – or that you didn't have the contract and so you want to put them to proof. Please would you clarify. Thanks

Thanks for replying.

So, yes i did have the contract... sort of. The contract was taken out in my name by a 'friend' who said they would cancel the contract and I would not owe.

They took the phone and sim packaging etc and gave me £100. Yes, I was stupid. But can they prove it, or do I have a way out?

I'm afraid that you don't have a way out. I'm afraid that you will be liable for the value of the claim plus the claim fee. I think the only thing you can do is to admit the claim and then if you want to avoid the judgement against your credit file, you should pay it off as quickly as possible – before the expiry of 30 days.

I think you need to see your friend and get the rest of the money from him/her. It sounds to me as if your friend was attempting to commit a fraud against O2 and you have been dumped in it – all for the sake of getting £100.

Not a good idea, I'm afraid.

How much is the claim for ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

£904.10

Complete the link above and give us all the details...particularly interested in their particulars of claim....and how they quantify that amount.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Bet there are early termination, pay to end of contract type charges.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!