Tawnyowl

Martin Lewis Suing Facebook Fake Bitcoin Ads

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 597 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

MoneySavingExpert founder Martin Lewis is suing Facebook for defamation following “repeated fake adverts from [problem]mers it refuses to stop publishing”

In a statement on MoneySavingExpert, Lewis wrote: “I get about five messages a day from people saying, ‘I’ve just seen your Bitcoin ad and wanted to check it.’ If that is the number who get through to me, how many more must be just taken in?”

Well i have seen these adverts have you.

I very nearly lifted a floorboard to take out some of my secret stash after thinking well he is a chap you can trust.

I came so close but nailed the floorboard back down again.

The phone did not stop ringing for weeks.Trying to entice the old owl.From all over the world.

Has anyone else nearly fallen into the trap.

Or maybe fallen straight through it.

Just wondering as you do.

Sorry about that, i forgot to put the link on such was the shock as i realised i came so close to losing some cash.

MoneySavingExpert founder Martin Lewis is suing Facebook for defamation following “repeated fake adverts from [problem]mers it refuses to stop publishing”.

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/news/digital/2018/04/martin-lewis-suing-facebook-over-fake-ads

Well news is coming out fast now.

Martin Lewis to sue Facebook over fake ads which empties peoples pockets out of thousands .

The commentator and financial journalist is claiming defamation over allegations that the site is publishing fake adverts using his image causing vulnerable people to hand over thousands of pounds to criminals.

He said the company had hosted more than 50 of the fake ads and that it had failed to act because it was motivated by "greed".

Trying to prise money out of the old owl is hard to do,nearly though.

Next Predator waiting in the wings though.

Be careful out there.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/04/22/martin-lewis-sue-facebook-fake-ads-[problem]-people-thousands/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

Thread title amended to reflect the subject.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

better sue yahoo too as they've been all over the sponsored ads as well

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

facebook says that all he has to do is contact them and they will look into the ads.

Yeah, right. What about not taking money from crooks in the first place and they wouldnt be in this position. Greed and more greed.

He has sued before and won so should be a walkover and I am dying to know waht the defence will be

Bookface's defence will probably be along the lines of... "Well, they told us they were Martin Lewis and we had no reason to doubt them :noidea:"

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)