• Tweets

• I think I know the answer , but We booked our dog into boarding kennels for our holiday , starting Tuesday 16 Unfortunately about 2 weeks ago the dog picked up a parasite called giardia .this causes soft stools etc . The vet gave us the treatment and said the dog “should “ be ok in time for the boarding .A side effect of the treatment is that the dog has still has soft stools , similar the those when the parasite is present We messaged the kennel Friday , explaining the situation , also topping up the final payment , It appears the kennel did not receive the message , so we spoke yesterday ( Monday ) They were unsure as to whether the dog should be accepted . over night they massaged us and cancelled the booking , we do have a plan “B” this involves our daughter moving  back home for a week . Their T&Cs are quite tight , regarding cancelation by the client , But in this case they cancelled , have I got a hope of getting a refund , less , say , a admin charge , over £300 fees have been paid for 10 days boarding We do have "Pet Plan" Insurance Extract from T&Cs     “You agree that if you do not arrive on the start date of your booking, you will be liable for the full payment per day. You agree that should you return from holiday early and decide to collect your dog before the end of your booking, you will not be entitled to any refund of payment. In the unlikely event of illness or other circumstances resulting in a reduced stay with us, the total booking fee is still due and you will not be entitled to a refund or part refund. You agree that if you cancel giving less than 14 days notice the total fee is due. You agree that if you cancel your booking you will lose your full deposit. If you bring less dogs than are booked, you are still responsible for the balance due. “
    • The SD is dead, when  I applied to have it set aside a copy was sent to by the court to Credit Agricole the debt owner,  it was part of my appeal that Credil Limits were not authorised to make the application. Credit Limits then withdrew the application. As far as I am aware Credit Agricole did not respond. Creditl Limits came back to me ignoring the grounds of appeal see letter 15/4. They refer to statute barred, the loan was for double glazing it was not part of the mortgage so I still contend that the 5 year rule applies.   I did not contest the original French court order but before the hearing  I wrote to Credit Agricole offering to pay over a long period of time as the home in France was about to be repossessed by the mortgage bank (and it was). Credit Agricole did not reply to my letters. The original judgement had the following 'Since immediate enforcement is not a necessity, it shall not be ordered.'   See compliments slip below purported to be from Credit Agricole, undated and unsigned, this is probably in response to my appeal when I said that I had nothing from Credit Agricole suggesting that CLI were agents. I am not convinced that this is genuine, CLI have had plenty of opportunity to produce this since they were 'appointed'  in 2018!   Can CLI represent Credit Agricole here in the UK as they are debt collectors and as far as I can see are  not registered with the FSA?   Thanks again   comps.pdf letter.pdf
    • thanks fk and bank fodder, yes I know been here awhile I just needed bit advice, seems this company have a habit of taking peoples money!   I can not record phone calls so will go bank ty xx
  • Our picks

Worsteve

STL heating - Incorrect Boiler Installation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 449 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Morning Caggers

I got STL Heating to install a New Intergas Boiler for me.

The initial Installation was fraught with issues, but they corrected the mistakes I pointed out to them.

However, the system has not worked properly for the 2 months since installation.

After no HOT Water again, I had to pay £145 for a gas engineer to come out to tell me that their installation was incorrect with several issues.

I got this on a finance package with them through HITACHI, however, STL aren't taking my calls.

What level of recourse do I have as the local Gas Engineer says the boiler works, but by STL Heatings own admission on the sign off paper, it highlights an installation. The cost to fix is circa £1000.

Many Thanks

Hitachi are joinly and severally liable so let them know that the installation was rubbish and as that was part of the purchase/finance package you hold them liable.

It would help however, to know more about what it is you bought and who from if not STL and how much you paid and then what works and what doesnt as I cannot see any fault on a boiler install costing £1k to put right as my boiler cost about that to install in total including all new gas supply and a lot of repositioning of pipes.

Good Morning

I paid £2400 to fit a Standard Intergas OV30 System Boiler, fit 4 x Thermostatic Radiator Valves, Magnaclean filter, New 1600x600 Radiator and Balance the system. The agreement was with STL Heating in Liverpool, the finance with Hitachi attached to STL Heating.

The issues are;

1/ Insecure Flue. It needs to be screwed not a push Fit.

2/ Not enough TRV's added. 3 more need adding and 1 removed from the Hallway where the Thermostat is.

3/ Outflow temp is 76 deg, Inflow Temp is 70 Deg. This was signed off by the STL Heating Engineer. Return feed needs to be sub 55 Deg so the Condensing Boiler can actually condense.

4/ Addition of final TRV's will allow the system to balance. Balancing of the system was never done and could not be without the additional TRV's being added.

5/ 3 way valve Broken. (Not picked up on the installation). Replace valve and controller

6/ Re-add Central heating inhibitor.

That's not 1k of work.

Flue? Screw to where?

Its attached to the boiler, pushed thru the wall and sealed.

3 TRV valves are around 15 quid each.

2mins to fit

Fixing 2 would more than likely solve 4

Which 3way valve?

Inhibitor is around 10-15 quid

Why does the return temp need to be 55 degrees to condense?

Tho is not what is condensed. It is the exhaust gasses that are condensed to recover latent heat.

One of the hot gases produced in the combustion process is water vapour (steam), which arises from burning the hydrogen content of the fuel. A condensing boiler extracts additional heat from the waste gases by condensing this water vapour to liquid water

Good afternoon SGTBush

Any chance you can come and sort it our for me? :-D

All understood. Do you think a good plumber could do the work for me instead of paying £300 per day for 2 days + all the parts and balancing the system?

The Corgi gas engineer told me all of the above issues.

The 3 way valve is in the airing cupboard next to the Hot water Cylinder.

It is used for splitting the flow between hot water to the tank and the Central heating system.

Regarding the temperatures flow of the output/input 76 Deg - 70 Deg, is this as it should be?

Many Thanks for your very detailed explanation.

I am fed up with having no hot water and looking at another hefty bill.

I do know a good plumber but rules forbids me. Plus I dont know where u live.

A 3 way valve costs around 80 quid.

A good plumber would take around a day to fit all this.

£300 for a skilled gas safe plumber and his obbo, about right.

Skilled labour aint cheap but cheap labour ain't skilled.

Get friends recommendations for a decent trades person

Your looking at around 150 fora 3way valve and3 trv's

Many Thanks for your response. I will sort out a good Gas Registered engineer and get them to do it. The Guy on Sunday said it would take 2 days to sort out. If it can be done in 1 day then the cost reduces dramatically.

Do you think that the 30Kw Boiler for the house was too big and can does the return temp need to be reduced? It is a 4 Bed Detached with 12 Rooms in total, and 13 Rads. 185m2 (2100ft2)

Many Thanks for your help.

30kw boiler is right for the amount of radiators

get hitachi onboard

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here