STL heating - Incorrect Boiler Installation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning Caggers

I got STL Heating to install a New Intergas Boiler for me.

The initial Installation was fraught with issues, but they corrected the mistakes I pointed out to them.

However, the system has not worked properly for the 2 months since installation.

After no HOT Water again, I had to pay £145 for a gas engineer to come out to tell me that their installation was incorrect with several issues.

I got this on a finance package with them through HITACHI, however, STL aren't taking my calls.

What level of recourse do I have as the local Gas Engineer says the boiler works, but by STL Heatings own admission on the sign off paper, it highlights an installation. The cost to fix is circa £1000.

Many Thanks

Hitachi are joinly and severally liable so let them know that the installation was rubbish and as that was part of the purchase/finance package you hold them liable.

It would help however, to know more about what it is you bought and who from if not STL and how much you paid and then what works and what doesnt as I cannot see any fault on a boiler install costing £1k to put right as my boiler cost about that to install in total including all new gas supply and a lot of repositioning of pipes.

Good Morning

I paid £2400 to fit a Standard Intergas OV30 System Boiler, fit 4 x Thermostatic Radiator Valves, Magnaclean filter, New 1600x600 Radiator and Balance the system. The agreement was with STL Heating in Liverpool, the finance with Hitachi attached to STL Heating.

The issues are;

1/ Insecure Flue. It needs to be screwed not a push Fit.

2/ Not enough TRV's added. 3 more need adding and 1 removed from the Hallway where the Thermostat is.

3/ Outflow temp is 76 deg, Inflow Temp is 70 Deg. This was signed off by the STL Heating Engineer. Return feed needs to be sub 55 Deg so the Condensing Boiler can actually condense.

4/ Addition of final TRV's will allow the system to balance. Balancing of the system was never done and could not be without the additional TRV's being added.

5/ 3 way valve Broken. (Not picked up on the installation). Replace valve and controller

6/ Re-add Central heating inhibitor.

That's not 1k of work.

Flue? Screw to where?

Its attached to the boiler, pushed thru the wall and sealed.

3 TRV valves are around 15 quid each.

2mins to fit

Fixing 2 would more than likely solve 4

Which 3way valve?

Inhibitor is around 10-15 quid

Why does the return temp need to be 55 degrees to condense?

Tho is not what is condensed. It is the exhaust gasses that are condensed to recover latent heat.

One of the hot gases produced in the combustion process is water vapour (steam), which arises from burning the hydrogen content of the fuel. A condensing boiler extracts additional heat from the waste gases by condensing this water vapour to liquid water

Good afternoon SGTBush

Any chance you can come and sort it our for me? :-D

All understood. Do you think a good plumber could do the work for me instead of paying £300 per day for 2 days + all the parts and balancing the system?

The Corgi gas engineer told me all of the above issues.

The 3 way valve is in the airing cupboard next to the Hot water Cylinder.

It is used for splitting the flow between hot water to the tank and the Central heating system.

Regarding the temperatures flow of the output/input 76 Deg - 70 Deg, is this as it should be?

Many Thanks for your very detailed explanation.

I am fed up with having no hot water and looking at another hefty bill.

I do know a good plumber but rules forbids me. Plus I dont know where u live.

A 3 way valve costs around 80 quid.

A good plumber would take around a day to fit all this.

£300 for a skilled gas safe plumber and his obbo, about right.

Skilled labour aint cheap but cheap labour ain't skilled.

Get friends recommendations for a decent trades person

Your looking at around 150 fora 3way valve and3 trv's

Many Thanks for your response. I will sort out a good Gas Registered engineer and get them to do it. The Guy on Sunday said it would take 2 days to sort out. If it can be done in 1 day then the cost reduces dramatically.

Do you think that the 30Kw Boiler for the house was too big and can does the return temp need to be reduced? It is a 4 Bed Detached with 12 Rooms in total, and 13 Rads. 185m2 (2100ft2)

Many Thanks for your help.

get hitachi onboard

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...