Cabot 2010 CCJ for blackhorse Bike Finance - now resolvecall at my door

Mase
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’ve been burying my head in the sand for too long now and time to get a hold of my life so here goes..

Bought a motorbike on finance in late 2007 with Black Horse

made a few payments on the bike and then fell on hard times, split with partner and moved out.

Fast forward to late 2010 and a CCJ lands which I ignore (stupidly) and just leave unattended for £8000.

I’ve pulled all the paperwork out and have just noticed my finance agreement doesn’t even have a VIN number or registration number present.

This is possibly by the by anyway but I need to start addressing my mess I’m in.

I’ve now received a letter from Cabot Financial demanding the full sum of near £7500.

I’ve never acknowledged the debt as described above and wonder where do I start with this now ?

I still have the bike in my possession and is in amazing condition as it hasn’t turned a wheel for years.

Where do I start with addressing this debt and starting to make progress Im now worried and getting anxious about this.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

if the CCJ was attained 2010

they'll have a hard time enforcing it without returning to court.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if the CCJ was attained 2010

they'll have a hard time enforcing it without returning to court.

Agree. The date of the CCJ is key. If it is more than 6 years ago, then the current debt owner would have to make an application to a County Court to be able to continue to try to enforce the CCJ.

At the moment if the CCJ is more than 6 years ago, it is not currently in a position to be enforced. Check the CCJ date with a County Court and if over 6 years, you can ignore Cabot.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The date of the CCJ is late 2010 so would I proceed to send a letter regarding statue barred to Cabot ?

How could I then deal with the CCJ ? My understanding his will be active forever ?

If the CCJ is from late 2010 and you have not paid anything within the last 6 years, then at the moment it not enforceable. The CCJ will no longer be on your current record as an enforceable debt as such and the debt owner would need to apply to a court for more time to enforce.

The CCJ still exists and is never statute barred, it is just that its status is not one where enforcement is currently possible.

So you don't have to respond to Cabot. if you ever get anything from a court which is doubtful, you should obviously not ignore that.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I’ve paid nothing and buried my head in the sand 😬 I’m currently trying to get a hold of my credit rating but don’t want to alert anyone to this via Experian etc until I know how I can proceed. I’m not in a financially flush situation at minute and last thing I need is an enforcement that’s going to put me in a worse situation.

When you say it is currently not in a status that is enforceable how would it become enforceable ? Sorry for all the questions I’m just trying to work out where I can go from here.

So do you think I should just ignore Cabot and not send a templated statute barred letter?

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and help me with this as this has got me sick with worry at present.

mase can you please read and understand what people are saying.

a ccj cannot be statute barred

after 6yrs the claimant would have to return to court to be able to enforce the CCJ

VERY unlikely enforcement would be granted

SIT ON YOUR HANDS

you do nOT need to do ANYTHING with it.

go get your credit file doesnt hurt or alert anyone or anything.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Thanks dx1000uk 👌🏻

Stress levels increasing again......Latest update is a letter recieved today from Cabot saying they’re sending Resolvecall in next 7 days 🙄

Is my next move to send the letter about only coming with appointment or am I continuing to ignore ?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice with this ongoing matter.

haha

resolvecall like any DCA are NOT BAILIFFS.

and are totally powerless.

IF IF IF they appear

do not engage

film them...

tell them to leave your property and not return

else you'll call police 101.

dx

and they

They are spoofing you so that they sound like Bailiffs, and pay up. Ignore them.

It would be a nightmare for them to convince a court to allow them to collect a CCJ after 6 years, it won't happen. 

• 4 weeks later...

just had Resolvecall at the door, recording the conversation !!

Are they allowed to do that ?

Asked DOB, Name, address etc so got chased.

Where do I now go from here ?? J

ust keep sending packing ?

ignore them

don't enter into any comms at all.

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot 2010 CCJ for blackhorse Bike Finance - now resolvecall at my door