Ramsbottom Bang and Olufsen – not honouring cooling off period**Refund in Full***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well update Fred has received a phone call telling him 2 men are coming today to pick up his television i did ask whether he was getting a full refund but he doesn't know is there anything i need to be aware before they come i am at work today but i could nip out i suppose.

He did mention that one of the people coming is the Director

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that sounds like very good news. It might be worthwhile somebody checking the condition of it to make sure that it is okay and that there won't be any claims later on that something had happened to the system.

Certainly, if the director is coming, it seems to me that it would be a good idea if somebody was there to monitor what happens.

Just spoke to Fred and 2 people called this morning to collect the television.Fred told them he was not willing to let them take anything until he received a full refund , they arranged with him to return on Friday with a cheque for the full amount and he said he will then release the TV and DVD player to them.I will go over later and take some pictures of the set confirming it is in the same condition just in case in there are any problems

Andy

Well good for him for sticking up for himself – although personally I think he would have been better off getting rid of it and in that way the ball would be completely in their court.

I think he was unsure so he erred on the side of caution and i did say well done to him !!! I can go over this afternoon and take some pictures of the set to make sure they don't differ to ones that may be taken at the shop after collection.

He has also asked me to unplug his DVD player as i think he is sending the whole lot back looking forward to Friday and the imminent resolution of this :) Will keep this thread posted

Well, as it looks like this is going to have a happy ending, without going to court with legal people everywhere.

Added to the fact that I have just completed two day's worth of ridiculously boring GDPR training.

It's a good job it's sorted because the information commissioner would have a field day (and possibly a coronary!) about the fact that a 'Neighbour' is planning court action on behalf of two vulnerable people who are not really in a position to give their informed consent or not.

Anyway, looks like it's sorted.

£3,200 for telly!! OMG

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

GDPR, i feel your pain and after being involved with GDPR at our place for a while now

it did make me think a lot more about lawful basis and consent etc and i have been very careful at each step with Fred to make sure he understands me and what i have been doing on his behalf.

I spoke to him re the press visit tonight and it is going ahead as per plan if only to give other some exposure to other people who may be in the same position.

I can assure you that Fred although 93 now is still in control of his faculties and GDPR deadline isn't until 25th May i am glad all this should have been sorted by then

Andy

What a shame that the behaviour of Ramsbottom Bang and Olufsen has reduced us to this state of distrust where we find ourselves having to take precautions and to protect ourselves against them.

You would expect much better of any company using the Bang and Olufsen trademark

Nah, you would have been given written permission to act on their behalf by then.

Well, as it looks like this is going to have a happy ending, without going to court with legal people everywhere.

Added to the fact that I have just completed two day's worth of ridiculously boring GDPR training.

It's a good job it's sorted because the information commissioner would have a field day (and possibly a coronary!) about the fact that a 'Neighbour' is planning court action on behalf of two vulnerable people who are not really in a position to give their informed consent or not.

Anyway, looks like it's sorted.

£3,200 for telly!! OMG

H

Hi quick update the company came and collected the television yesterday and gave Fred a cheque for a full refund all over and done with m,any thanks for all the help given here .The story in the Bury Times i still going ahead and im assured the group will get a mention

Andy

Excellent ...good work.....if you could let us know the edition date Andy.

Thread title amended.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes please - and a link to it if it is on line - and a scan of the article.

here you go as promised

A FARNWORTH pensioner has thanked The Bolton News after winning a battle to receive a refund on a £3,200 TV.

Fred Pollitt, aged 93, of Lupin Avenue, Farnworth, bought the BeoVision Horizon set from Bang & Olufsen in Ramsbottom at the end of March, but decided he wanted to return it less than a week later.

However, the luxury electronics retailer refused him a refund, which he claims they said was because his wife Kath had signed away their right to a cooling off period.

But after the intervention of a neighbour, The Bolton News, and the Consumer Action Group, Mr Pollitt has now been awarded a full refund. He said: “I got in touch with them and said I was interested in buying a TV.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16218198.Pensioner_wins_battle_for_refund_on___3_200_television/

Many thanks Andy...excellent article with some excellent public comments.....

" Robjoy4 mins ago

I highly recommended consumer action group to people who have a query to such things. I had stupidly missed Q payment with a gym in bolton and there broker tried charging 100s in charges and threatened with bailiffs, court action and ccjs all because of a 10 missed payment for a gym I though I had cancelled anyway with CAGS advice on their website I found out that such charges are not legal. "

Well done

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

thank you to you all you provide a great service and i shall be sure to mention your name whenever i hear that someone is having these kinds of issue in the future

• Haha 1

A tweet about this has gone out. If anybody wanted to retweet it then here is the URL:

Sorry BF, I had to feed the troll over on the news comments section. Hopefully this Ned fella will do some investigation before posting

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

read all of the comments, shame that the posters on the paper's comments section seem to have forgotten that this was about a consumer right and not about the price, quality or make of the telly.

The shop did the right thing eventually and they will certainly be looking more carefully at their obligations and this may mean they dont do house calls any more to recommend or sell goods.

My mother had trouble with her telly, I told her that it had detuned and she needed to rescan the freeview channels. She couldnt do it so she asked a local firm to bring her a new bigger telly. Now the chap that came out got her a new telly but but the old one in her bedroom and set it up as all it needed was retuing!

Yes, we could have thrown a wobbly and insisted he took it back but mother was happy and the bloke doing the work charged an honest price for what was supplied and sorted out the other problem as part of his customer service. In the case of this store they should have understood the customer a bit better.

Yes, Im sure that he was impressed with the picture quality compared to his old 24" screen and so on but they should have known that reality would kick in and relatives kick off.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras