Lowell Solicitors chasing CCJ payment re:orange debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice please? Lowell Solicitors are chasing me for a debt to Orange (who I believe no longer exist) - I believe the original debt was about £300 maximum.

They now claim that I owe them over £1,000.

Is there any limit to the charges they can add? I am now in a position to repay a reasonable amount but surely this is just ridiculous?

I have asked them to explain how this debt has grown to such a level but am not honestly expecting a sensible reply!

This does have a CCJ against it. Can I go back to the court and dispute the matter at this stage?

Many thanks.

Locking the door after the horse bolted......did you defend the initial claim?

Was the judgment for £300 or £300 + court/sols fee ?

How old is the CCJ ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Guilty as charged. I was busy keeping my house from being repossessed and this just went over my head.

They quote the CCJ as being from 2016 and the amount was £900 ish plus costs of about £150. That I understand. What I don't understand is where the extra £600 came from.

But from what you are saying it is too late to do anything about it now???

moved to legals

have you a copy of the claimform and the CCJ

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I may have somewhere. I will take a look if it will help to find them.

I know I should have done something at the time but I was a bit overwhelmed.

Now I have the house sorted, and more money available, I am starting on the other stuff I pushed to one side.

Thanks.

The CCJ is for £1050......

Their claim would have included an early termination charge(s) amounting to the entire balance of the remaining contract. OFCOM guidance states that any Early Termination Charge that is made up of the entire balance if the remaining contract is unlikely to be fair as it fails to take into account the fact that the provider no longer has to provide and pay for their service.

But because you didnt defend it or challenge them......hence the the amount claimed and not £300 as per your initial debt.

I dont see any success in trying to set a side after 2 years...you cant go back and correct this because you was dealing with more priority matters unfortunately.

You could try a F&FS say £500.....they only see Pound Signs

Or you can make application using an N245 to get an agreed monthly payment in place based on your I&E

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thank you. I wondered about making an offer. I know from reading here that they will have bought the debt for a trivial amount so they will still be well in profit.

Am I right in thinking a CCJ is no longer shown on your credit record after 6 years? Would a potential lender be able to find it after that time?

I have no intention of every taking out any more loans but I know a credit search is used for other things.

Thanks.

Shows for 6 years then disappears

Hi I have found the following information is it helps at all?

Lowell

£ 1,008

06/03/2018

Name

Address

Date of birth

Account type Telecommunications Supplier

Account number **************9644 0

Account start date 22/04/2008

Opening balance £ 290

Repayment frequency Monthly

Date of default 10/05/2014

Default balance £ 290

As you can see the default balance was £290 but they are now asking for over £1,000.

Thanks.

" As you can see the default balance was £290 but they are now asking for over £1,000."

See post#6

Well I have written to them and asked for an explanation of the huge sum. Not sure if they will reply. To be honest it has been on my credit record for 4 years by the looks of it so if they are not prepared to accept a reasonable offer I may just leave it.

Probably the wrong attitude but at least I am prepared to pay something!

pers i wouldn't have kicked their pram wheels meself.

now they know you are about this could go all the way to High Court Bailiffs and even more fees

can see this ending badly now

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh great. Thank you so much for your support.

All you have done is have a go at me.

I am very sorry I asked now!

BTW while you have clearly put me in the 'stupid' box I have not acknowledged the debt, simply referred to a recent letter and asked for a full explanation of what they think I owe them as I have no record of it.

no debt to not ack BTW

its a CCJ you cant get out of it by saying its not mine...its been judged.

and they