Performance Trade Centre Northampton back to being called Northampton Autosports

Guest MikeW001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest MikeW001

Hi Guys

If you search Northampton Autosports here, you'll find at least one thread detailing how people have had bad experiences with the guy who runs this car retailing business, from an industrial estate just to the north of Northampton.

Long story short, even though I Googled the guy's name and business, I found nothing untoward and went on to buy a vehicle from him last month.

He's developing or already has a reputation for making false and highly misleading statements about the vehicles he sells and I suspect has a very long history of this.

Unfortunately, I've also been caught out by this character and am just starting the process of seeking compensation.

I know what this process involves and am not seeking advice, as such.

However, if anyone has had similar issues with this guy (calls himself Rich) I would really welcome an exchange of emails, as I can't message on this website yet.

I'd particularly like to talk to Holyjoemuttley as he has a long thread here, detailing how he eventually successfully secured his own compensation from this character.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473227-CCJ-against-Northampton-Autosports-now-Performance-Trade-Centre-Can-i-Transfer-the-CCJ/page3&highlight=Northampton+Autosports

If there's no quick resolution, I'll post updates here, if it might help anyone.

Northampton Autosports is mainly selling selling via eBay currently and from the negative feedback, you can see that the involvement of Court Enforcement Officers previously, hasn't diminished his desire to screw people over.

Thanks for reading guys!

Edited by MikeW001
Paras and link added

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MikeW001

Hi HolyJoe

Apologies for not getting in touch yet.

Still have some essential work to do on the vehicle, before I send in my invoice for the total.

May be another couple of weeks. When I get that done, I'll be in touch though, as I'll definitely

need the benefit of your experience. I imagine I'm going to end up where you did in terms of

process :/

Talk soon :)

Guest MikeW001

Thanks for the reminder bud.

Luckily, all the work is mainly through one garage,

with some LPG work at another.

Will be in touch directly very soon :)

• 1 year later...
Guest MikeW001

If you've been scammed by Richard 'Rich' Tibbett, the rogue car trader operating as Northampton Autosports,  or the Performance Trade Centre, or Autosports and Classics, and you want to know where to get hold of him, PM me for details. 

I took him to Northampton County Court, claiming a four figure sum for repairs to a dodgy car he sold me.

He settled in full before the hearing. 

This guy has a long history of this type of rogue trading and has numerous CCJs against him. 

I believe he is still selling dangerous cars. 

Guest MikeW001

Please leave this open. 

I have more to add over the weekend. 

Thanks. 

Meantime, I owe HolyJoe (see above) a huge debt. He also successfully sued Tibbett.

He advised me on the Small Claims process. It's fair to say that I probably wouldn't have been able to see this through,  without his help. 

Edited by MikeW001
Awful memory :)

we don't like things being done off thread

these CCJ judgements are in the public domain and there is absolutely no harm in publishing all the details here in full including your claimform , defences and witness statements so others can use them and quote the case numbers and win too.

obv we don't need any of your pers details on then nor the actual claim number, you can PM that to a member of the site team and we can note it. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

to add to the comment above, things should be done on the open forum because the whole value of this forum is that it contains people's experiences over a long period of time.

I'm very pleased that you have made good headway on this case – but there may have been lots of other people looking around for this dealers name and looking for help over the last two years and yet it has not been available because you have been conducting this off-forum.

Also, if the case had been conducted completely on this forum, it might have attracted other people who would have had their own very useful experience and may be documents to provide to you which would have made your claim easier than it has been.

The power of this forum is that everything is in the open and the other people are able to consult it and to gain support or at the very least courage from reading the experiences of others.

We will certainly be very pleased if you will give us a step-by-step account of what you have done – including publication of claim form and also of defence.

Thanks

14 hours ago, MikeW001 said:

Please leave this open. 

I have more to add over the weekend. 

Thanks. 

Meantime, I owe HolyJoe (see above) a huge debt. He also successfully sued Tibbett.

He advised me on the Small Claims process. It's fair to say that I probably wouldn't have been able to see this through,  without his help. 

MikeW001 - That was a really nice thing to say. Many thanks.

If I've given anyone any help in dealing with that 'company' then my time has been well worth it.

From what I've seen on the internet Performance Trade Centre has closed 'business'. I'm not sure what's happened to Northampton Autosports. I do know they closed it, started trading under Performance Trade Centre and then closed to reopen again as Northampton Autosports.

Regards, and thanks again to CAG for being there.

Holyjoe

14 hours ago, MikeW001 said:

If you've been scammed by Richard 'Rich' Tibbett, the rogue car trader operating as Northampton Autosports,  or the Performance Trade Centre, or Autosports and Classics, and you want to know where to get hold of him, PM me for details. 

I took him to Northampton County Court, claiming a four figure sum for repairs to a dodgy car he sold me.

This guy has a long history of this type of rogue trading and has numerous CCJs against him. 

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

Well done! 👍👍👍

15 hours ago, MikeW001 said:

Yes, but where is he – why don't you simply publish it here?

Guest MikeW001

Site admins - Please take a Xanax.  I said that I'd publish more details here over the weekend and I will try to.

I don't know what your policies are on publishing specifics. I founded an online news site several years ago, with hundreds of contributors and as publisher, I had to be extremely careful about liability.  So, if I  err on the side of caution, it's for your benefit as much as mine. I make no apologies.  

I'm up to my eyeballs this weekend. Partly because of the severe storm approaching. So I may not now get the opportunity to update this until next week.  But I will do. I am very motivated and this is only the first step of many that I intend to take, in an attempt to curtail Tibbett's activities.  

Joe, I didn't think you'd be so quick off the mark :) I had intended to thank you directly first. Apologies. 

Will be in direct and more detailed touch as soon as. 

Edited by MikeW001

Guest MikeW001

I've just noticed that you asked for a step by step. (Site admin)

I  will do that, but that'll take a bit more time to collate specifics of my case.

There are lots of resources online to guide people through the small claims process. 

I don't know if Tibbett is still trading, though I will find out through contacts.

I don’t believe there's a huge urgency, just now. 

Guest MikeW001
2 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

This looks like him, this site says he's still active for VAT purposes.

https://gb.vat-search.eu/mWX._Richard+Charles+Tibbett+|+Northampton+Autosports

HB

Nice one :)

Hadn't seen that. 

42 Derby Road is his personal address and where I had the courts send their papers to. 

Guest MikeW001
11 hours ago, BankFodder said:

to add to the comment above, things should be done on the open forum because the whole value of this forum is that it contains people's experiences over a long period of time.

I'm very pleased that you have made good headway on this case – but there may have been lots of other people looking around for this dealers name and looking for help over the last two years and yet it has not been available because you have been conducting this off-forum.

Also, if the case had been conducted completely on this forum, it might have attracted other people who would have had their own very useful experience and may be documents to provide to you which would have made your claim easier than it has been.

The power of this forum is that everything is in the open and the other people are able to consult it and to gain support or at the very least courage from reading the experiences of others.

We will certainly be very pleased if you will give us a step-by-step account of what you have done – including publication of claim form and also of defence.

Thanks

I take great exception to your comments above.

Comments like this do not encourage me to contribute here. 

You say, "things should be done on the open forum.."

First of all, I don't subscribe to the word should.

It has overwhelmingly negative connotations and implications and there are much better and more positive ways to phrase what you want to say.

What goes on in this forum is secondary to the conduct of my own case. By a long, long, way. 

I owe nothing to anybody here.

Some people may choose to conduct their case here and that's their choice.

I chose not to in this instance and I had specific reasons for not doing so.

To pursue a one size fits all policy on this point is completely unrealistic. 

You said, "I'm very pleased that you have made good headway on this case – but there may have been lots of other people looking around for this dealers name and looking for help over the last two years and yet it has not been available because you have been conducting this off-forum."

Using the word 'but' negates what you previously said. That's why it's use requires care. 

You say that there may've been lots of other people seeking specifics about the defendant in my case.

What evidence do you have of this?

Where are all of these fictional people? 

If anyone wanted help with Tibbett, all they had to do, was what I did.

Reach out through the forum.

I did exactly that and HolyJoe PM'd me.

I saw no posts from anyone asking for help during the last two years. Or rather, there was one lady who posted and I think she was offered help, but she never responded and we've heard nothing from her since. 

You say that if I'd conducted my case on the forum that it would've attracted other people who could've helped. What evidence do you have to back up your assertion? None, I would suggest.

The help I needed I either received from HolyJoe or received from legal professionals.

I could not have sourced the specific advice I needed from this forum and to seek to do so, might've prejudiced my case. 

The power of any forum, is that the platform is easy to navigate and within broad guidelines people are encouraged to share content and help others. Its at each users own discretion, what they share openly.

What they share via PM and what they choose not to share. 
Seeking to dictate to users will only drive people away. 

What pleases you is of no interest to me whatsoever.

I will NOT be publishing anything here that I do not feel 100% happy to.

Following your negative comments, I am less inclined to publish anything further here.

However, I will publish what I feel is helpful and if anyone would like to contact me directly, on a specific point, they are most welcome to do so. 

I am not a snowflake.

I have served in HM Forces in conflict zones.

I would suggest that in future.

Before you publish comments like those above.

You carefully consider whether what you intend to write and the phraseology you use, is in sync with the goals and values of the community you are seeking to build.

and you should read our rules!!

cag is for helping everyone not for selfish one-upmanship.

if we operated like that, they'd have never been a thread here for you to find in the 1st place

there are no cases here whereby publishing everything as long as pers details that ID the OP are redacted, has ever hurt or jeopardised a case.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest MikeW001

There's that 'should' word again ;)
Please quote me the rule which states that in cases of litigation, the case is to be conducted here?

Selfish one-upmanship? What in my behaviour indicates that? 

As to your last point. This is only one tiny little niche, in a small corner of the www. Your evidence is rice paper thin and frankly, not worth relying on when it comes to a court case. 

Edited by MikeW001

Well I'm sorry that you feel so upset about it.

I'll leave you to have the last word here if you want and then I will close the thread.

Guest MikeW001

Close my account please and delete all the info you hold for me. 
Your attitude leaves a lot to be desired. 
You obviously can't see this. Hopefully you will at some point and then seek help. 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks