Hillsden CCj sold to Cabot/ME111..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I'm new here.. hope this is the right place to post!

I need some help if possibble with the following:

Had a very old MBNA account.. that was sold to Hillsden securieties around 2005.

A CCJ was obtained by Hillsden in around 2008/9 and has been paid as per order without fail ever since.

Recently I have had letters from DLC (hillsdens managing agent) and Cabot Management group..informing me that the account is now owned by Cabot/ME111 and to now contact Mortimer Clarke Solicitors to change payment to them.

However I do have an issue with this.

I m a bit worried that by paying Mortimer Clarke I will be defaulting on the CCJ which is to pay Hillsden (who was the claimant).

And I don't know what to do so if anyone can clarify this i would be greatful.

Thank you

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

If you dont switch payment to the new owner Cabot/ME111 ...then you will be in default of the judgment also...as they must now be the legal owners.

http://www.dlcuk.com/about/history-of-dlc/

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for responding Andyorch.

I just thought that you HAD to pay the company named on the Court Order. or else you would default on the order.

And I don't understand either why there is this messing about when both companies are part of the Cabot Management Group.?

So either way I will default?

But thanks.

Edited by Irishsetter

Amalgamation and takeovers ..... Hillsden would have been independent at the time of your judgment.

Have you been getting statements for your payments ? keep an eye on the balance and that all previous payments have been brought forward.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks

Yes I have been receiving regular statements from dlc.

In the recent letter from Cabot they state that 'Mortimer Clarke Solicitors are happy to keep to the repayment plan you agreed with Hillsden Securities (dlc)'

( But I did not agree a plan with Hillsden..it was the CCJ??)

they go on to say that Mortimer Clarke need to speak to me to arrange for my payment to be sent to them. And to continue making my payments as usual until I have moved my payments t Mortimer Clarke .

Edited by dx100uk
merge

well you wont default just keep paying DLC and when you get the banking details for MCS just switch it over

but ONLY pay what the judge ordered PCM, they cannot make you increase your monthly amount

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no as andy pointed

they are all the same lot. [cabot]

cabot were the claimant .

that's the only important bit

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as andy explains they were purchased by cabot moons ago.

all is ok

and they

Ah. Thank you. I'm getting on a bit and get easily confused with all this.Sorry. Ihave seen that people say not to phone, so I suppose I can just write to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors for their bank details. Thank you both for your help. It's much appreciated.

and they

• 3 months later...

Hi

I had the same happen to me it was a black horse debt

the judgement and a charging order on my property to hillesden securities

they stopped direct debit payments and said to pay mortimer clarke solicitors as debt was sold to me111 (cabot )

I applied to the court to set aside the judgement informing hillesden securities state they have sold the debt

the court adjourned the hearing giving directions to them by a certain date for any parties who claims they had an interest in the debt to send me and the court proof of this and to change the name on the judgement and charging order order neither of this was done.

All I received was an income and expenditure form from mortimer clarke solicitors???

which I also sent to the court prior to the hearing.

I went to the next hearing two weeks later and the District Judge set the judgement and charging order aside .

No one apart from me went to either hearing

So ANYONE they have done this to don't fall for we are all the same group it doesn't matter take it to court and get it set aside do not pay them.

yes they should but they dont