Lowell Claimform - old/unkown Orange Claim

BBBAAA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I need some help please. I have been receiving letters from Lowell portfolio about a mobile phone debt that I do not recognise. I wrote to them and asked them to supply information including the agreement so I could understand where this debt came from.

They did not send me the agreement, they only sent me some figures typed out which had my name and an old address at the top.

A couple of months pass and I receive a letter before action from Cohen Cramer solicitors, which I sent a CPR letter in response asking for proof of the debt. I again received no agreement.

I received a claim form a couple of weeks ago which I acknowledged.

I am really really worried about this now - can they actually get a ccj against me even though I’ve disputed the debt and asked them for proof.

If I pay the amount now will it still go to court. Will they discontinue the claim if I pay now?

Thank you!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DO NOT simply pay up, have you checked your credit files?

Have you ever had a mobile phone with the company they're claiming you owe?

Did you say that you were going to defend this on Mcol?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi there,

Please find info below.

I have had a mobile phone with Orange but way back in like 2005-2006 and it was disconnected and moved to another network.

I have said I was going to defend the claim on MCOL.

Name of the Claimant ? LOWELL PORTFOLIO

Date of issue – 29TH MARCH

What is the claim for;

1.The claim is for the sum of £xxx.xx due by the defendant under an Orange account with an account reference xxxxxxxx

2.The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required under the terms of the the account agreement.

3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 23/12/2014, notice of which has been given to the defendant.

4.The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £xx.xx

5 The claimant claims the sum of £xxx.xx

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? YES

What is the value of the claim? £330

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? MOBILE PHONE ACCOUNT

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? AFTER

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. DEBT PURCHASER

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not originally however this has been sent in response to my CPR letter

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? NO

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? NO

Why did you cease payments? I AM NOT AWARE OF THIS ACCOUNT.

What was the date of your last payment? UNKNOWN

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? NO

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management planicon? NO

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

can you call orange and find out the last payment date for this account as

you say you acknowledged the claim did you state your intention to defend?

when you acknowledged did you send a cca and cpr?

also can you redact and upload everything you have received

Check your credit file, see if anything is on there.

Hopefully lowlifes have picked up a lemon and will get their fingers burnt, and you can claim expenses dealing with their nonsense.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

no please upload as ONE multipage PDF:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hiya,

Please find attached all documents so far in relation to this. The statement of account they sent is very vague and doesn’t allow me to verify anything at all.

They’ve not sent the agreement, which they will need in court?

Thank you for taking the time to look at this for me!

BBBAAA files.pdf

I’m not sure. I have had accounts with EE in the past but I don’t recognise this account. I had an account with t mobile back in 2005-2006 but I don’t know anything about this one.

don't worry about your defence yet its no due till the 27th

you say this was sent to your old address?

when did you move out?

and when do thet claim this account was opened?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just a quick one, I didn’t request a default notice in my cpr letter. Do you think I should ask for one?

I lived in this address for a few months in 2010 - obviously moving out way before the suggested start date of this agreement.

I appreciate that there are loads of sample defences posted on this forum, however they are full of terminology I don’t really understand, any help writing my defence would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Already answered about the defence in post 21

So this account is fraud then

and they

I believe so. I do not have any reference to this on my credit file, they can’t produce an agreement.

I had accounts with associated companies and as far as I can see this account was set up and no payments were made to it at all so that does suggest it was set up fraudulently, however because I had accounts with associated companies perhaps it relates to one of those, hence why I don’t want to just bare face deny it, I don’t want to be accused of perjury.

I have billions of things going on right now which is why I just want to get this boxed off so I don’t have to worry about it.

When do you think it is an appropriate time to start formulating a defence?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing