BankFodder BankFodder

spencer91

Pay Day Loan Default Registered 4 years late

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 676 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Any help would be much appreciated as I have just paid all but one of my existing debts.

It is from a company called Next Credit, a pay day loan secured against income.

The loan was taken out in June 2013

due to financial difficulty I started to miss payments straight away,

I have just noticed the company has been recording the debt as late payment ever since until October 2017 when a default was registered,

this means at this moment in time I will have to wait another 6 years until the debt is removed from my credit rating, effecting my credit rating for a total of 10 years,

I thought defaults were registered within the first 3-6 months of the first missed payment.

Does anyone have any advice they could kindly give me as I am worried this will stop me getting a mortgage.

Many thanks,

Charlie

using PDLs alone typically gives issues with getting a mortgage regardless to anything they put negative wise on your credit file.

if you think the defaulted date is not correct.

write giving them 14 days to rectify the error else you'll go to the information commissioner office and raise a complaint and will be seeking financial compensation.

at the time of your 3rd missed payment, yes the old guidelines of 3-6mts were in force

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..