Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • First of all welcome to the Forum. Do not worry about Drips+ -a dead sheep has more power so do not let them bother you and never contact them. It is a pity that you wrote to PE  which would be perfectly normal, except with crooks like PE  as you may have revealed you were the driver. You have lost the protection of POF A but it is not a fatal. Please do not even think of paying a penny. The amount may go higher in the short term but when the poor dears do not hear from you they get worried ( because they think to won't pay) do they start sending begging letters and reduce the amount owed.I One of the Site Team will be along shortly and give you a template to fill in which helps us to give you the best advice should they not give up. Just complete the form and post up photos of the signs at the entrance to the hotel and others around the car park and the terms on their ticket machine if there is one.
    • HI   You took possession of the Property in 2010 but when did you end the Tenancy Agreement?   Did you give them the required Notice to end your Tenancy?   You mention you paid a Deposit in 2010, was this returned when you ended the Tenancy?   You need to know exactly what they are claiming money owed is for and surprised that solicitors letter does not mention this.   Send the Landlord a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA'  (ensure to send a copy to the Solicitor acting for them as well. 
    • yes only court...   can I confirm this was settled via Barclaycard and chargeback as it was a debit card, rather than section 75 via a creditcard?  
    • Hi   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you don't worry we have not forgot you.   So they have destroyed ALL DATA personal to you as you did not take the Property. (really they have put there foot in it)   If they hold no personal data then they have NO evidence of what was agreed to with your Holding Deposit and the refusal to return it.   Now if it was me I would let them drop themselves in it even further by responding to there SAR response.   Thank you for your SAR Response dated XX/XX/2019   Due to this response I require clarification of the following:   1. Have you followed the Data Protection Act 2018 & General Data Protection Regulations on Destroying My Personal Data?   2. If you have Destroyed All My Personal Data then what documentation do you hold that I have signed/agreed to the Holding Deposit being Non-Refundable and to provide copies of this documentation.   3. I require a copy of your Policy on Holding Deposits   Please bear in mind the above is what I would do.   I do think it is looking like you may have to go down the court route (make sure and have a good read of that link I previously gave you to the Tenants Fee Act).
    • HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note your can ask the council to to paint a white line with lines at the end on the road in front of the drop kerb please note there may be a cost from the council to do so)   As for the CCTV look at this ICO link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/   Due to the new DPA/GDPR if you have CCTV on your Property and it views outside of that Properties Bounderies they then need to register as a Data Controller with the ICO.   So I would make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Councils Data Controller, ICO (specifically asking if this individual is Registered with them as a Data Controller) & Police, you need to keep a good paper trail of this individuals actions.   I hope this individual knows the Law on Harassment as from your thread that is the impression I get is no matter what you do they will find something else to complaint about.  
  • Our picks


Specsaver rushed test, tells me use OLD prescription for everyday and use NEW 1 for VDU

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 549 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Recently went to Specsavers for an eyetest, was by the optician who really rushed my eye test and just wanted me out the door, that my eyes had become weaker since last visit, was asked what I use my my glasses for - replied I use glasses for everyday and VDU work.


Optician tells me to keep using my OLD glasses for everyday use and she will give a new prescription for VDU work.


It hit my after I left specsavers, the optician was telling me to use my OLD glasses for everyday but use the new prescription in the new glasses for VDU work only!!!


Surely using OLD glasses with a OLD prescription for everday use, then using the new prescription for VDU work would have a negative effect on my eyes?


The eye test also felt rushed and not properly done, it was done in less than 5 mins and was not thorough enough

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Flipping between an old pair of glasses for distance and a new pair for close up work will not have any kind of negative effect on your eyes.


I flip between an old pair of 'dumbed down' prescription glasses, up to date prescription glasses (for driving), various contact lens strengths and reading glasses with contact lenses.


However, if you feel that the eye test was not thorough enough why not get back in touch with Specsavers and see what they say?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



VDU is no longer the description used for this type of equipment as it is now called Display Screen Equipment (DSE)


The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/2792/contents/made


Guidance and regulations: http://www.hse.gov.uk/msd/dse/guidance.htm


Working safely with display screen equipment: http://www.hse.gov.uk/msd/dse/


Should VDU users be given breaks?: http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/vdubreaks.htm


Have you made a Formal Complaint in writing to the specific Specsavers and CC it to there Head Office?

(bear in mind this may be an Franchisee of Specsavers so follow there complaints procedure initially making sure the Head Office know as well)


ceoemail: https://www.ceoemail.com/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...