orley

loose crown

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 611 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I recently had a crown fitted to my tooth and it has become loose, went back to dentist who told me that if they tried to remove it they could cause more damage to the tooth or surrounding teeth, they advised me to wait untill it becomes so loose that they can then repair it.

I am not happy because it could take many months to become loose enough to repair. Am i entitled to a full refund as the work they carried out was sub standard?

Any advice would be very welcome, thankyou.

In short yes.

Crowns shouldn't become lose.

I had a crown fitted last year (my third). It cracked, a rare thing. It was a tiny air bubble in the porcelain that created the fault.

They took the crown off, re moulded my space and made a new one.

So for them to say wait till it becomes so lose is bull.

Get a second opinion thru another dentist if you can

Are you private or NHS?

Either way if you paid by card and you get nowhere with the dentist you could do a chargeback.

Hi, thanks for the advice, it was nhs treatment £240 but i paid cash, i am going to contact the practice manager to start the ball rolling and see if i get anywhere.

In the worst case scenario would i have to go to a small complaints court?

When i had a crown fitted my NHS dentist said that they're guaranteed 12 months whatever happens and he also said specifically that if it came loose he would remove it and have another one fitted.

So far it's been rock solid for 3 years, so you surely need another one.

They don't serve their purpose if they're loose.

Otherwise just remove it yourself.

No, just joking!

Don't do it.