olliekhan

BT Default on my file - just start paying Lowell but they keep marking D!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 611 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm new around here! Looking for some advice regarding a debt I have with Lowell.

In 2013 I left a property I was renting, BT contacted me about a month before I left saying that the new tenants would like to take over the service and wanted to know if I was happy to do this.

As I was moving to a shared house, I couldn't take the service with me and agreed. A few months later, I got a bill for £599 from BT for the rest of the service that I had cancelled early. After a few phone calls where they continued to ask me to pay the bill I sent them a letter stating the above information and that I didn't want to pay.

After this, I didn't hear anything about it and presumed that they had wiped it. Then around a year ago, I started receiving letters from Lowell saying that they have taken over the debt from BT and need to collect.

I ignored the letters for a few months, until they started putting defaults on my credit file. As soon as this started, I contacted them and set up a payment plan as I was unable to pay the full amount.

I have been paying a nominal amount for the past 6 months but Lowell continue to put a default on my credit file. I called them to ask why, as I am making payments.

I can't remember the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of because it is not an active debt like a credit card they are able to default me every month until the debt is paid in full. Are they allowed to do this? I'm only paying a small amount on the debt, it could take a long time to clear, meanwhile my credit rating is dropping all the time.

Edited by fkofilee
Spacing Added

Never ring a DCA they are not bailiff s and have zero legal powers

If you have a defaulted date on your credit file

The account will go on the defaults 6th birthday

Paying or not paid or not

Shame you start paying ghem!!

You've just reset the statute barred clock

Be Lowell cheered when you did that!

The debt will be the remains months till end of contract

But of course you were not using it and by weren't providing any service to you!!

The authorities like the DAD are don't on record as saying it's unfair to charge these months

Stop paying them now!

Have you written to Lowell with your new adddess?

Dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets