• Tweets

• Hi.   Advising by PM is against forum rules. It's stops us being a resource for people to use in the future and also prevents advice from being peer-reviewed. Please keep advice on this thread.   HB
    • Oh. I don't understand the indemnity. If it was a business expense that has come back and it was an expense last year than it needs to be entered in back on the income side.
    • Don't see a major issue with any of that.   1 IT equipment upto £2k is normally ok.   2 daughters cost, provided it has been transferred then no problem. Mp's do it all the time and it's below the ni and tax thresholds.    Depending on the business£18k does not sound unreasonable.   I've spent the last thirty years doing my own tax returns.   Get in touch if you are stuck, if I can help I will. - not sure if that breaks forum rules. Sorry if it does.
    • I'm not sure that the person I spoke to at SLC was correct regarding the last deferment being 2011. I can see further payments.   I think I can see payments following on from that - I continued to pay what I thought was SLC company until 2015.   This I now think was Honours SLC, not SLC or Erudio.  Now I understand my 1st 1998 loan was transferred to Honours yet the other three were with SLC.    I know 100% I negotiated a deal with a DCA  to clear loan outstanding.     I've been searching old documents today, contacted Honours Student Loans to find proof of the payment to close the loan.     Someone from Link Financial called me back straightaway,  - so I'm now really worried I've opened a whole new can of worms.   They were really pushy for my info... I did not give them anything although now worryingly they have my number. Can they even try and go back on this...?    The only payment I can see to ever to Erudio was end of March 2014, under ESL limited.. which was taken without my knowledge using SLC  DD details.    I remember thinking it was a scam - so contacted my bank but I had noticed it after the payment had gone out.   I think by the time I had seen it the Bank  couldn't reverse it but all further payments were stopped, and I remember the bank even being really confused and saying it should not have happened.    I must have made contact with Erudio at this point - but there is nothing on their account files. There are notes - saying "surpress DAF request."     Erudio ( accoording to their own SAR)   sent a  Notice of Assignment had been sent the previous Autumn to my old address, which I never saw or received.    I'm looking at my address history and I was really conscientious with informing SLC - there is even a note 2 days after we moved house in 2013 and also when I changed my name to get married.   I'm adamant the Notice of Assignment was either not sent or sent to an old property, I also can't see why I would have made contact with SLC a few days after we bought a new house in 2013 - if it was not to inform them I had moved?       
    • Oh, and as it’s a pre-1985 agreement do they still have to provide a true copy of the CCA? It seems they are trying to use Regulation 9 of the CNC Regulations (which I haven’t heard of!) as a “get out of jail free” card.
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

NPS stuffed at POPLA 3 times in 8 months - Cross St Retail Park, Long Eaton, NG10

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1012 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

this is the 3rd POPLA success from 3 challenges against Northern Parking Services.

Mine was the first last year,

a work colleagues was second late last year(he got the decision in february.

This third is for a pensioner friend of mine.

They were all from the same place

,Cross street retail park,Long Eaton,Nottingham,NG10.

Scan_20180412.jpg