• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Professional Reclaim Services - dodgy fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486316-486316&p=5112567#post5112567

Hi Wiltz.

I am so sorry this happened to your parents, but they're not the only ones.

I get sick of people telling others who have been spoofed by these companies

there is nothing they can do and they shouldn't have been so stupid and they have got money for nothing and to do the claim yourself etc.

Don't listen to them.

My husband was cold called by this 'company', they sent him 2 packs, one he threw away and another he sent back after the man at PF persuaded him over a lengthy phone call to send the pack back just to see if he was eligible.

They have made so many calls I lost count, all logged, which is good because we passed it all to the Ministry of Justice.

He had a brain aneurism 10 years ago, resulting in 2 lots of surgery and a stroke.

As a result his judgement is impaired and he can't follow conversations very well.

This company did not explain the pack was a 'contract' and he mumbled the fees over the phone, which my husband thought was what sounded like 9%, but it was 39% plus VAT.

After I realised what he'd done it was too late to cancel as we had not received any money and the cancellation fee was high. I just hoped nothing would come of it.

As it was they did not keep him informed and it was about 3 months later that the bank called to get my husband to give loads of info over the phone.

He did his own claim, something that PF said was too complicated for him to do and that they could chase up all the companies and get him a good deal.

There was no paperwork to the other banks/cards, so there was no way they could chase it up without.

We had a letter from the bank saying, yes, he had PPI.

Nice, but he had done his own claim.

He had rang PF a few weeks before to see how the claim was going to be told they were busy, so could not chase it up and that they had alot of claims going which was why they had not been in touch! Therefore, due to the crap service and false promises, plus fees hidden in the T & C's we did not think this company had earned the 39% plus VAT.

Yes, he had a successful claim, but because he actually ended up doing his own claim.

The bank said all PF had done was sent a letter!

Another worrying thing was a bank he had not put on the form wrote to say he did not have PPI and that they had a letter.

After telling the bank my husband had never banked with them, they said it is worrying how much these companies know about people and they had a letter from PF.

The day after we received notification from the bank that a PPI refund would be paid to us via a cheque PF sent a congrats text and they would send an invoice. Then they rang to ask for payment, before the money was in the bank. They backed off until we said it would be in the bank, then called and text for payment.

We wrote to their complaints department to offer a reduced fee, to which they refused.

They have kept ringing up for info he doesnt have regarding other claims. We said forget it.

We have also had 3 separate calls asking if we want a claim pack!

The girls today said we were not on her system.

We have also had a rather aggressive man saying we would have the bailiffs at the door and they were going to add interest to what we already 'owe', even though we said we have passed the case on to the Legal Ombudsman.

It's a nightmare. Loads of calls from different numbers, threatening calls and they will not listen.

I would suggest you phone the Legal Ombudsman and put in a complaint.

The LO told us they had a backlog, so loads of people are complaining about CMC's.

Phone the LO, the more people who complain, the sooner this company can be dealt with, like they dealt with Harringtons.

I also heard the two companies are linked.

The addresses are both in Bury and they use the same scare tactics etc.

Look on the Ministry of Justice website under regulations for CMC's.

This company have broken several terms, cold calling is only one of them.

Good luck, don't give up without a fight.

They do not earn their 39%, the fee's are unreasonable for what they do, which is send a letter, sit back, let you do all the work, then they ring for payment. I see them as criminal gangs, not companies.

And no, Professional Reclaims services sent no breakdown of their fees, there was no contract and by the time we realised this company stinks, it was too late to cancel, which you have to do by letter.

On their T & C's online they say the pack is the contract and even if you agree over the phone that becomes a contract.

We have complained to them, they left it 8 weeks to reply with a final response as required by law. Now we are taking it further and expect to go to court.

We have offered a reasonable fee, but no, they want full payment over the phone, which I would never do, it would be a cheque.

Are they actually going to pay the VAT?

Happy days, not!

We have also asked for a phone transcript and asked how much their interest was going to be on top, to which the man replied that he didn't know and again asked for full payment over the phone.

We are up to 2 to 3 calls a day, all different numbers and when you answer, the phone goes dead!

Very bad experience.

Edited by dx100uk
own thread created

thanks Gemini.

I've popped some line breaks in your post to make it easier to read.

we really do hate the fleecing CMC's on CAG.

time to get yourself a truecall box or one of those BT phones that uses the same software..

good on ya

don't pay them a penny!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thankyou.

I saw the post after you edited it, thankyou.

The CMC's are mostly, not all, but most of them are dodgy in my opinion.

What annoys me is that I threw 2 packs away and my husband threw one, but this company wouldn't let up.

It was in the run up to Christmas, so I was pre occupied and didn't realise what was going on.

He had brain surgery and just sent the pack back to shut them up.

I could kick myself for not throwing that pack away with the rest of them.

Our landline has TPT is it?

Unfortunately they called on my husbands mobile, which wasn't covered.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing.

it might pay you go get all the numbers they've used from your online accounts with your providers

I bet they are linked with the fake local numbers sc@m that are being claimped down on now

or the no number sc@m that's going on.

list them here if you wish.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

" I get sick of people telling others who have been [problem]med by these companies there is nothing they can do and they shouldn't have been so stupid and they have got money for nothing and to do the claim yourself etc. Don't listen to them. "

I dont think we are actually stating that Gemini69 ...simply trying to ascertain the information.....there is something you can do as you have stated yourself...but if there is no signed contract....its very unlikely there will be a court claim.

Unfortunately the Original Poster of this thread has never returned to confirm.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

That's an idea, thankyou.

They were all 0161 numbers, or whatever the code is for Manchester.

I'll get them off his phone tomorrow, there's so many, not sure they'll all fit on here :-)

It wasn't you I was referring to, but I have read countless forums and that's what you read time and time again.

There was a post above from mariner51 which got my back up.

The truth is that most people, my husband and myself included, don't know you can easily claim yourself.

I said to him that we could look for companies who charge no more than 20% commission.

I didn't realise we could have done it, it wasn't that we were too lazy to bother.

Also they cold called and hassled him to send the pack back.

I feel they prey on people. What gets me is that it's not their money.

They step in when somebody gets their PPI back and say "we'll have our 30% commission now". What have they done to warrant such high commission?

There's no written contract, and the terms and conditions aren't explained over the phone, they mention there is a website, but you have to search to find the t & C's.

He told me after he had sent the pack back and even I couldn't find the fees at first.

I'm sure there is a loophole for people regarding t & C's.

They know that most people don't read them properly, which is why the fees must be made clear, preferably where you sign a contract.

There was no contract in this case, it was a claim pack authorising them to write to the banks. No fees mentioned over the phone and wasn't on the pack where you sign.

They said it was on the back.

I looked at a claim pack from the Claims Guys, which also went in the bin as they are [problem]mers, as it was on the back on the bottom in tiny writing.

These CMC's know what they are doing.

PF have just opened a call centre called The Hub.

That's why my husband has suddenly had loads more calls asking him if he is interested in a claim pack!!

Its infuriating and I am really scared at the thought of the LO saying we have to pay or a court case.

Most of the money has gone on bills and debts, yes, we are in debt too.

You couldn't make this up could you!

I've been sick with worry for the last two weeks, expecting bailiffs at my door.

I have children, so its quite scary

I did provide the link in post#4 of the other thread... which takes you straight to their fees...yes I agree its hidden well away.

http://professionalreclaimservices.co.uk/contact-us/terms-conditions/

But as I have stated providing you have not signed a contract or given them your account details...giving them authority to approach your bank/BS is a different matter...then any court claim is doomed...providing you defend it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

own thread created.

the 0161 is a favourite for the foreign call centres to [problem]

list the numbers I bet they are incremental in number

https://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/0161

and they

The legal ombudsman have told us they are taking on the case.

In the meantime PF have said they are not putting our account on hold while this is going on because we made a complaint

They said we have to pay now or we will have the debt collectors at our door

we will be charged for them and have interest added.

Sticking to fighting them

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

The legal ombudsman have told us they are taking on the case. - Great news

In the meantime PF have said they are not putting our account on hold while this is going on because we made a complaint - oh well makes no odds what they say

They said we have to pay now or we will have the debt collectors at our door - powerless muppets - not bailiffs

we will be charged for them and have interest added. - they cant add any charges or interest

Sticking to fighting them

Good on you

never give up

dx

and they

Professional Reclaim Services: http://professionalreclaimservices.co.uk/

Go to the very bottom left of the webpage read the copyright and note "Trading Name of Pacific Financial Claims".

If you then go to there Terms and Condition: http://professionalreclaimservices.co.uk/contact-us/terms-conditions/

Look under "Who We Are" & "Regulation".

Pacific Financial CLaims Ltd

2nd Floor Castle Building

Market Place

Bury

England

BL9 0LD

Company Number: 09428031

Company Type: Private Limited Company (PLC)

Directors: Zeeshan Muhammed Raja & Kamer Yasin

VAT: http://gb.vat-search.eu/5n*L2_Pacific+Financial

Ministry of Justice Claims Management Regulator Number: CRM41057

https://www.claimsregulation.gov.uk/details.aspx/41057/Pacific_Financial_Claims_Ltd/?search=simple&category=BusinessName&text=Pacific+Financial+Claims+Ltd&sectors=&statuses=&dates=&startdate=00010101&enddate=99991231

Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09428031

Endole: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/09428031-pacific-financial-claims-ltd

BizDb: http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/pacific-financial-claims-ltd-09428031/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUTUAL COMPANIES

Bullseye Claims Limited

6-8 Crompton Street

Bury

United Kingdom

BL9 0AD

Company Number: 10515151

Company Type: Private Limited Company (PLC)

Directors: Kamer Yasin

Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10515151

Endole: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/10515151-bullseye-claims-limited

BizDb: http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/bullseye-claims-limited-10515151/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professional Reclaim Services: http://professionalreclaimservices.co.uk/

On checking the above website via Whoisdomaintools: http://whois.domaintools.com/professionalreclaimservices.co.uk

(NOTE: you may need to complete a captcha to view above link) it states

Registrant: Caswell Business Solutions

Registrant Type: Uk Limited Company, (Company Number: 10651600)

Registrants Address: 6-8 Crompton Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 0AD, United Kingdom

Caswell Business Solutions Ltd

6-8 Crompton Street

Bury

England

BL9 0AD

Company Number: 10651600

Director: Martin Christopher Cassidy

VAT: http://gb.vat-search.eu/YIizk_Casswell+Business+Solutions+Limited+Casswell+Business+Solutions

Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10651600

Endole: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/10651600-casswell-business-solutions-limited

BizDb: http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/casswell-business-solutions-limited-10651600/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complain about a claims company: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-claims-company

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks.

I've looked at it all.

Going cross eyed looking at it.

I know some of the directors names.

They are linked to other companies.

One of them is Harringtons that was dissolved for good Dec last year.

We've told the legal ombudsman all this.

They are a vile group of people who set up more than one business back when all the PPI claims started.

When one company gets dissolved they just carry on under another company.

Same tactics, same dodgy fees etc.

The Hub in Bury is where PF have set up their call centre.

That was Feb or March this year I think.

A few reviews of their employees are saying they haven't been paid etc. Dodgy company linked to Harringtons I believe.

There's other companies linked to them too. I can't believe it's legal. They push right up to the boundaries of the law.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 1 month later...

Hi. Just a quick update.

Professional reclaim services have not stopped phoning.

We get a call everyday.

Latest today is we had a text saying they were starting court proceedings tomorrow.

Husband phoned to say "why are you not putting this account on hold"?, our case is being looked at by the Legal Ombudsman.

They said "its gone on too long and you've have had your money, gone out and had a good time with it and now you're not paying us".

Husband explained we are in debt and it all went on other debts and that we did offer a fee which they refused.

We have not spent it on holidays and cars.

They then said they want payment and if we don't have the money sell the car etc.

Otherwise the bailiffs will come and take stuff.

Husband said, "do you speak to all your customers like this"?,

to which they replied

"you're not customers, you're claimants refusing to pay your bill"!

We went through it all again, hidden fees, not made clear, no service, to which they said, you have had your money, we gave you a service....

we agreed they had done that,

but it was not worth 39% plus VAT.

We were willing to pay no more than 20% including VAT.

Long and short is that my husband offered a repayment, but they want us to clear the bill in 6 months, which works out at almost as much as our mortgage.

Therefore we are going to court!!

We will have a CCJ against us, bailiffs coming,

they have the best legal team in the North West apparently,

so we are going to lose.

We have no choice as we literally have about £10 left in the bank.

No money, can't borrow etc.

I thought that it was the right of the customer to dispute unreasonable fees. I didn't know we had done something illegal!

That's how the judge will see it, according to professional reclaim anyway.

Wish us luck x

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

and of course you recorded that call didn't you!.

and they

See what happens when you speak to them...they get rude and wind you up...put the phone down next call.

Await their court claim

Andy

and of course you recorded that call didn't you!.

No. there's no way on his phone.

Unless we buy a dictaphone.

He has all the calls they made logged. T

hey won't give us any paperwork or recording of the original cold calls.

We're going to pay them the 10% we think they're owed for sending the pack off.

Father in law loaned the money.

We're also waiting for a letter from them warning us of court action.

It can't be a warning by text surely!

dont pay a penny

and they