• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MBNA PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Had a credit card with MBNA since December 2001.

Couple of months ago thought I would just check on the off chance that I had PPI

- couldn't see anything when I looked online at my account.

I went through the MBNA website and lo and behold it says that my account has had PPI from the minute the account was opened in 2001.

Went through the claim and was given the 8 week deadline for a response.

Had two letters from them confirming that they were still working on it.

Got to the deadline day and decided to call them.

Was told that indeed my claim had been upheld and that a payment was due of £576.48.

I queried this amount and asked how they had made the calculation.

The guy couldn't tell me but obviously had a script saying that with this amount my account would be back to normal.

Not being satisfied with that I called again that day and spoke to another guy who again gave me no info.

I asked if he could tell me how much each PPI premium was worth and what interest it had been rated at.

Nothing. He said that he had no access to such info.

Stewed on this and called again next day and spoke to a lady.

All of a sudden she could supply me with all the info I needed, interest rates, actual premium amounts.

On me remarking sarcastically that I couldn't understand why MBNA would bother sneakily cheating me out of less than £600 in 17 years.

Didn't seem worth the bother. She then said that the PPI had been closed in March 2003 on this account, as per written request by me, the customer.??????

This was clearly a lie and alarm bells started ringing.

The script kicked in perfectly again

- "most people don't remember what they did some 17 years ago".

I obviously asked for a copy of the letter to which I was told that we no longer have such a thing on file. Very convenient!

I am alleged to have written cancelling an account that I still didn't know I had 17 years later.

I told her that I smell a rat, based on the calculation she had presented me they could owe £15-£20k.

Would make sense to try and blag me.

She told me to send in a cheque for £10 and a request for "SAR" which she claims would show every single detail on the account from day 1.

But now I don't trust them nor anything that they send me.

Today I received the cheque which clearly I will not bank.

Does this sound right to anyone?

In two emails, two letters and then two conversations with their office nobody once mentioned that the PPI had only been for just over a year and that I had cancelled it in writing.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Feel like they have me over a barrel. Help!!!

Thanks

sar then

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...