sickofbeingrippedoff. vs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sent my s a r 4 weeks ago , got a letter today saying

"thank you for your letter requesting specific information on your account with us. i can confirm that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent under seperate cover.

with regard to your request for information relating to manual intervention on your account, HBOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore, i am unable to assist further with your request"

can somebody please tell me what the second paragraph means, and is this what i should have been hoping for or not?

thanx

Hiya

You can claim all charges made against you, for the past SIX years, as of yet I have not heard or read anyone claiming more than SIX, plus the way the banks are paying up on the SIX years, why spoil things (thats what I'd say) so settle yourself down & get those charges listed & get your claim underway.

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

I will keep an eye on your progress because it looks like we are on a similar timeline. I got exactly the same letter as you yesterday, I'm reading the second paragraph as a plus - it means they cannot prove any manual intervention...I think.

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Offer made by telephone 29/12/06 - upped then accepted.

Received offer and acceptance form 30/12/06.

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Money in bank 09/01/07 :D :D :D

Todays date 2000 and that will remain the same date throughout the claim. Have a read through the site, some people have claimed back further than 6 years.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Good Luck. Before you continue, have you looked at claiming with the contractual rate of interest?? Means you get alot more money and it does work. If not and you don't wanna do that then good luck.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

hi sickofbeingrippedoff firstly the question regarding MANUAL INTERVENTION you are asking them that when you receive a charge are they fully automated (we know they are) or is there a member of staff who has to do it(manual intervention) they will always say they dont have to provide this info and will not admit thre is none, secondly the limitation act which limits your claim to the last 6 years as far as im aware is being challenged by a few peeps including myself as i see the banks behaviour to these charges as deliberate concealment of their costs to which they STILL wont provide saying it is case sensitive, yeah right, the limitation act can be challenged due to this and that you were only in the know that these charges were illegal since the OFT'S report in April of this year. If

just doing my prelim letter , in this section

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

because i can't charge interest until it goes to court, do i cut this next part out?

plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX

thanx want to get it sent recorded today

That all depends if you want to claim the contractual rate of interest. That is what that section of the pre lim is for. If you want to stick to a simple claim then yes you cut that bit out. I'll put a link in here for info on the contractual thing in a sec.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/7252-new-way-looking-interest.html?highlight=contractual#post51269

If you like my advice or anyone elses then please click on the scales on the bottom left to tell us.

I'm of the same opinion as you... will be happy with the Xtra 8% at MCOL.

I am off down the PO to send Prelim now by recorded. Will keep in touch...

Cheers

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

• 3 weeks later...

Sent my LBA on Monday, not heard anything yet.

Yes I think you send letter accepting as partial repayment for full amount.

Then on with MCOL for full amount. I am waiting for the days to pass, have nearly got my MCOL sorted in preparation...

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

is it possible that with all the publicity the banks will make sure they find a way of getting out of paying back charges, surely with the amount they're losing they're going to get some pretty hard core legal experts to make up some fictional defence?

my original claim was for £2672 and they've offered me £2034, with interest my claim will be £3100. i've got the refusal letter in one hand and the acceptance letter in the other, and am scared of sending either incase i do the wrong thing. it would have been easier if they offered me £300, because then the choice would have been simple. i can afford to wait another month or so to get the full ammount, but i cant afford to lose the 2 grand they've offered me. basically my bottles going and i need advice

thanx for reading

KEEP YOUR NERVE,

The fact that you've been made an offer of over two grand should tell you something. THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T WIN! All the banks are doing now is trying to knock off a few hundred here and there . If they get everyone to accept £300-£500 off their claim, imagine how much money they will save themselves. Although there appears to be lots of people claiming, compared to their customer base it's chicken feed. They are making BILLIONS! Please Please stay calm, reject their offer, and get you full repayment. If they had any sort of defence they would have used it by now. What they should do is reduce the level of charges to protect themselves from future claims but they are incredible stubborn. So my advice KEEP THE FAITH-GOOD LUCK (All though you don't need it)

David

after reading podgydad's post on another thread i rang halifax customer relations, and told them that i would be continuing with my claim unless they settled in full (£2,750.00) after 30 seconds or so he came back on the phone and said they would pay the full ammount. i know some people will say i'm stupid for not holding out and getting the interest aswell, but it feels like a victory to me. as soon as the money goes into my account i'll be making a donation.

thank u everybody

now for the natwest:D

Hiya

Well thats Great News

CONGRATULATIONS & ENJOY YOUR MONEY:)

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Makes me wonder if I should call them about my own claim. I have had an offer, sent a rejection, but feel that perhaps a call to their office may save proceeding to court action?

I'm of a similar mind, if I received my fees back I'd forego the 8% to save the hassle of going to court stage, despite knowing I would then get the 'little extra'.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Excellent news - could you tell me who you called please ? PM if you feel it's not for the public forum. I've several different lots of contact info from various stages of the claim, and two different 0845 numbers for Customer Relations.

I've just added a bit to my own thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/39442-old-dj-halifax.html (it's up to 3 pages at present)

Just a shame I didn't read this far before 5pm on a Friday really... I have made a point in my thread that I see them forcing it to court stage, and having to pay out the fees and interest, is not making the best use of the money their customers are investing with them... :lol:

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.