• Tweets

• As I recall the only thing you tried telling us was based on a quote that you selectively edited by Lord James of Blackheath. You misrepresented it as a statement of fact when it was actually a question which was laughed at by his peers in the House of Lords.  We told you it was garbage, you asked us to prove it and we did.   Remember?
    • you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 613 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Here's the back story so far:

1. I order a washing machine from John Lewis online.

2. It arrives & is installed by John Lewis.

3. It starts leaking an hour or so after arrival. I call JL straight away & they tell me they can't refund or replace and suggest I call the manufacturer of the machine.

4. I call the manufacturer & they don't answer the phone for hours & it keeps getting cut off. I call back JL, they call the manufacturer for me. JL still insists upon a manufacturer's engineer visit, the next one is 8 days away.

5. A week later, engineer arrives at a unexpected time. He can't find anything wrong with the machine & doesn't understand why it's leaking. He can't wait 2 hours to watch it start leaking when turned on so I show him photos of the leak. He asks me if I use tablets in the drawer, I explain I don't. In fact I only use liquid capsules in the drum, he says that's fine. I explained it leaks even without detergent, so it's nothing to do with that anyway. He says he doesn't understand it. He leaves.

6. JL contact me to say the engineer thinks I used tablets in the drawer & that I should stop doing that then it will stop leaking. I explained I do not & it leaks even without detergent used.

7. JL tell me I have to arrange another engineer visit but might have to pay £90 if again no fault is found. I decline. I explain a second engineer visit won't make a difference & it isn't just about money, it's the time & hassle involved. I explain it looks like a design flaw- the water leaks under the drawer during filling up & drops down over the front of the machine after a couple of hours. JL refuse to do anything more about it.

8. I can't survive without a washing machine so I purchase a new washing machine from the same manufacturer from elsewhere, which works fine & doesn't leak. JL still refuse to do anything more.

End result: I've had to pay for 2 machines, one leaks & I'll have to sell describing the problem with it, on ebay, making a loss.

What are the consumer rights regarding this situation? Thanks

Hi and Welcome to CAG

Thread moved to the appropriate forum..please continue to post here to your thread.

What date did you buy the washing machine from John Lewis ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This is extraordinary to hear this kind of story about John Lewis. This may be one of only maybe half a dozen complaints that we've ever had on this forum and all the time we've been running.

Maybe they've employed somebody from PC World?

If you want to sort out this problem, you will have to engage with this thread

we've seen good results if you email the CEO directly.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks for the advice- yes I was surprised also, as I used to swear by JL for all my appliances albeit years ago. However, type in John Lewis into trustpilot uk and you'll see JL isn't what it used to be, it has gone down hill in the last couple of years unfortunately.

we've seen good results if you email the CEO directly.

How would I find his email address? After all my conversations with John Lewis staff this year & reading trust pilot reviews I fear this is a bigger problem than a one-off & they need some drastic internal changes to return to their old ways. Perhaps I can at least get my issue resolved.

Maybe they've employed somebody from PC World?

I had the same thought- only it would seem more like an army of people from PC World.

Does anyone know what my legal rights are in this situation? It would be good to know for future reference.

Edited by Joe smith

Thanks for the advice- yes I was surprised also, as I used to swear by JL for all my appliances albeit years ago. However, type in John Lewis into trustpilot uk and you'll see JL isn't what it used to be, it has gone down hill in the last couple of years unfortunately.

Just thought I'd share my own bad experience with JL just before christmas - buying a fridge and freezer. I too picked them for a supposed better standard of service.

Bought the appliances in store, and asked for the handles to be swapped so the fridge could go on the left, and freezer on the right - paid extra for that. Guy in store took down all the details nice as pie.

Low and behold a week later they arrive and handle is on the wrong side. On the phone with them all afternoon and they say they'll send someone round in a couple of days to do it. Couple of days later get a call from JL 'We'll be arriving with your delivery this afternoon' - eh? What delivery, I wanted the handle swapped on the fridge - 'oh we can't do that you'll have to ring JL'. To this day I don't know what they were going to deliver. Eventually after another week or so that gets sorted.

Then my mum goes into store, speaks with the same guy who did the initial sale about the extended warranty - JL gave us a quote at the time and said we had 30 days to accept. Guy gives her an ear bashing about having to register the product with the manufacturer (which we had done) and then when she said she wanted the JL warranty so that if there's any problems she can deal with JL rather than the german manufacturer he proceeds to tell her 'well it isn't mr john lewis who'll come and fix your fridge'.

So complaint lodged, bit of back and forth and they honour the original warranty quote and offer a £200 voucher... which I am still waiting for 2 months later.

[edit - 3 months later, just realised it's April!]

If you can answer the question which was put in post number two at 11.44 then we may be able to give you a better idea of your rights

Hi and Welcome to CAG

What date did you buy the washing machine from John Lewis ?

Andy

Does anyone know what my legal rights are in this situation? It would be good to know for future reference.

We still dont know the time frame......?

Here is the relevant legislation

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?440-The-Consumer-Rights-Act-2015

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread